Need some ideas please

I have, but as scaled down versions of my full sized line. The one rule to keep in mind is 1 lb = 1 cu in. That's a huge generalization, but, depending on the size of the pet you might have have more design options.

Thanks Rennie, they said that the plastic box that the ashes were returned in measured 4" X 4.5" wide at the top, and 4" X 4" at the bottom & X 7" Tall so I have to build around these sizes I am assuming.

Last edited:
Mark, It will have to be a box of some sort, I'm seriously lacking in the lathe department. It would be a disaster if I tried to turn it :rofl:
The old guy was 16 years old and dearly loved by his owners, as they all are, so I want to make something nice for them.

Last edited:
For what it is worth, human ashes are usually returned in a sealed very heavy plastic bag, loose enough that it can be reshaped to fit whatever container it will be stored in. The crematory loves to sell overpriced urns, but lacking that, usually puts the plastic bag in a plastic box (sometimes made to look like cheap wood).

Two points (if the human analogy is true)

1. You don't have to worry about the exact shape of the final urn, just the total volume. From the dimensions you gave, there was room in the box for a pet over 100 pounds live weight.
2. You don't have to worry about the ashes sifting out the bottom or otherwise leaking, unless the owner opens the bag and wants to play with the ashes (such as mixing ashes from two pets, like people sometimes mix husband and wife ashes).

When you deliver the urn, I would find it useful to learn the similarities or differences of the pet crematory practices.