Some recent jobs....

Well, it's been a while since I last posted any turnings. I figure it's once again time to champion the cause of the spindle turner/production turner. :D

I did a few furniture feet last month, and today I delivered the spheroid newel caps/finials. The poplar tube is for a scale model of a tanker truck...quite a fun job. That box of "what the heck are those" is an order for 10 replica WWII landmines. That particular customer does WWII reenactments and said that the ones they were using were too lightweight. He wanted something with a little more weight for realism.

Never a dull moment, and I have to say it: I love my job! :D

- Hutch

Attachments

• Feet.jpg
    Feet.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 60
  • Landmines.jpg
    Landmines.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 62
  • Spheres.jpg
    Spheres.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 61
  • Tube 1.jpg
    Tube 1.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 62
  • Tube 2.jpg
    Tube 2.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 58
That box of "what the heck are those" is an order for 10 replica WWII landmines. That particular customer does WWII reenactments and said that the ones they were using were too lightweight. He wanted something with a little more weight for realism.

Never a dull moment, and I have to say it: I love my job! :D

- Hutch

its like that show pawn stars, you never know what a customer is going to bring in to request.

One of the things on my bucket list was to know someone who turns replica WWII land mines on a wood lathe.

I can finally check that one off, I guess. :D

Great work, Hutch. Your consistency is remarkable. :thumb:

Thanks guys!

I don't know exactly how the toy tanker turned out, but I think it was going to be a fully functioning piece just for show.

Jeff - Yeah, I have been keeping busy to be sure. Lots of fun stuff here and there. And right now I have work lined up into November. I'm kinda surprised at how well things have been going seeing as how I have only officially been in business about a year!

- Hutch