2013 state fair results

Dan Noren

Staff member
stopped out to the fair today with the wife :blah:, and got some pics of the results of what was entered. the cutting board took second place, and i've included a pic of what took first place. the walking stick didn't place, but they put it in the display, which is pretty good in and of itself. plotting and planning for next year.....

Attachments

• 16 board with ribbon.jpg
    16 board with ribbon.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 39
  • 017 first place board.jpg
    017 first place board.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 37
  • walking stick displayed.jpg
    walking stick displayed.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 36
Personally, I like your board better than the one that took first place and I'm not saying that because you're a member of the Family. Both boards took some planning to get the parts matched up. Maybe the judges liked the softened edges of the winning board. You still have a winner, though! :thumb:

Congrats, Dan. I like the 3-D pattern, but I also like the softened edges of the end grain board. I also like the looks of the jewelry box in the background of your cane pic.

picked up the items today, along with the score sheets, and the all important check for $6. the cutting board took second with 95 out of a possible 100 points, and the walking stick didn't place with 92.5 out of a possible 100 points.

here's the breakdown:

cutting board - design(beauty suitability, color) - 18.5/20
workmanship - 18.5/20
originality - 14/15
difficulty of project - 14/15
usefulness - 10/10
value in point of interest - 10/10
value of article in relation to work done & material used - 10/10

walking stick - design(beauty suitability, color) - 17.5/20
workmanship - 17.5/20
originality - 14/15
difficulty of project - 13.5/15