Chief Wild Eagle would approve

Rennie Heuer

Staff member
Chief.JPG
Took Jan and her daughter to Ann Morrison Park here in Boise for the annual "Balloons Aglow". We did not have as good a seat as when I was there 3 years ago, but still an impressive site.

DSC_0015.jpgDSC_0017.jpg

You can tell the crowd was impressed.

Pretty mesmerizing stuff, huh Rennie? As I mentioned on Facebook, if you ever have a chance to come down here to NM during the first week of October, I'll show you the Mother of all Balloon Glows. ;) And as a bonus, there's no issue about getting good seats, because there are no seats (unless you bring your own chairs). The crowd is walking on the field, mingling with the balloons and crews. :thumb:

Pretty mesmerizing stuff, huh Rennie? As I mentioned on Facebook, if you ever have a chance to come down here to NM during the first week of October, I'll show you the Mother of all Balloon Glows. ;) And as a bonus, there's no issue about getting good seats, because there are no seats (unless you bring your own chairs). The crowd is walking on the field, mingling with the balloons and crews. :thumb:

Seat was a misnomer - we sat on blankets on the lawn. No one allowed near balloons though.

One of the things that makes the Albuquerque event unique is the fact that the crowd is allowed on the field. The crews and officials do a good job of keeping the crowd out of harm's way, and from a crew member's standpoint, it's much more fun when spectators can just walk up to you to chat and ask questions while you're doing your job(s).