Thread: custom RAS tables

Central (upstate) NY

custom RAS tables

I had to completely disassemble my RAS table to move it. A bunch of 30 gauge stove pipe bits fell out and I remembered I'd shimmed it a couple years ago. Anyhow, there are some things I liked about what I had, and some things I didn't.

Tyhe saw is a 12" Delta turret saw (33-890) - if I really wanted to, I can cut 90 degree miters. Different than rotating the motor for ripping. I have had occasion to cut 80 degree miters in the past for some crazy project. In order to do these crazy miters, I need to move my fence forward. At one point I had a three piece table and could move my fence between two positions, but I didn't like how I would lose square when moving the fence back to regular crosscut position and went to a single piece table. While writing this, I wonder if I could just make a temporary fence with a spacer piece to attach to the table when wide angle miters are needed.

Anyhow, has anyone else made a custom table for their RAS that is willing to share a pic and why they made it that way? I'd love to see some ideas. Thanks!

Kansas City, Missouri
    I think Brent build his custom, but may have been to the original specs. I'm sure he'll chime in.

Since I got my Wixey angle gauge, I rarely worry about changing the angles on my saws anymore, between it and a good square you can pretty much get things back to 90* quickly.

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

Reno NV
    Mine was pretty basic. I can take some pictures, but there really wasn't much too it. I can take some pics tomorrow, if you want.
    Programmer - An organism that turns coffee into software.
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of" Ogden Nash

Wapakoneta, OH
    Mine (a Dewalt) has a Mr. sawdust table, nothing special about that. But when I want to cut really steep angles, I put a right angle fence on it, and adjust the arm accordingly. There is no reason your temporary fence idea wouldn't work, but you would have to make it in a way you wouldn't cut it in 1/2....have a larger piece that covers the entire table and raise the blade, or some other workaround.

Oak Harbor Washington on Whidbey Island

I found this don't know what all is pictured but you may find something here.

Real purdy...
    "Forget the flat stuff slap something on the spinny thing and lets go, we're burning daylight" Bart Leetch
    "If it ain't round you may be a knuckle dragger""Turners drag their nuckles too, they just do it at a higher RPM"Bart