Talk to me about mops

well here is one that I have used and like.
12 ounces beer
1/2 cup cider vinegar
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons minced jalapeno chilies
I simmer it for 5 mins or so then chill it until ready to use. I mop the brisket with it every coupla hours.

I spritz - no mop. Today, I'm doing two Boston butts and three large slabs of pork spare ribs. I use a small spritzer bottle with apple juice and give all of it a dose occasionally. For brisket, I might use some beef bouillon in a spritzer, but usually let it take care of itself if the fat cap is right.

I do the same as Bill, spritz with apple or white grape juice. I've only done a mop a couple of times and not really noticed much of a difference.

○|||||||○

I sent you a bunch of sauce recipes sis. Problem is with most of them unless you have a dozen years in the craft...they burn like crazy!! Usually, smoke or steam with rub, lather up with sauce and grill for 15-20 minutes. There are several hundred ways to pull that off...but that's how I feed the Fresno Pacific Girls Swim Team...those girls eat anything and if it doesn't come out of the cafeteria...it rocks!!!...even if it doesn't!

And as Bill and Darrin mentioned...on a shoulder...spritz. This is after you coat the gas tank size of a monster in mustard of your choice and then rub like a masseuse! Every hour or so I spray it down for so flavor, sugar for bark, and a tad of moisture.

Ryan, Mine stays kinda sticky I think due to the veg oil and the fact I keep it refrigerated when not using.

Thanks Don, that makes sense.

One thing i could see adding might be a pinch of mustard to help it emulsify, although the worstershire might serve that purpose as well if you don't see the oil breaking out of suspension.