Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rv camping in USA

Rv camping in USA

Well even while camping there is chance for some not so fine woodworking Lol

Called improvisation .....had some wood and needed to make a plan

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1378253229414.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	26.0 KB 
ID:	78218

Then thought i would show ya all what our serup looks like at night. We the only ones out tonight

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1378253337437.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	21.0 KB 
ID:	78219

Got my lights up here is a closeup shot

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1378253406048.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	29.3 KB 
ID:	78220

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2
    cheers

I think you must be one of those guys that finds it impossible to NOT have a good time!
    Programmer - An organism that turns coffee into software.
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of" Ogden Nash

Re: Rv camping in USA

Brent its the forum that saves me. Trust me u did not want to be near me today especially after my drive to woodcraft. :banghead:

I just need to get my wife to be a more social animal.

cheers

Be careful of what you wish for Rob. Have a few buddies that are divorced after their wives became "social butterflies". Enjoy your life, your wife and the opportunities both afford. There is a song about "Unanswered Prayers". If I could remember anymore would post a link to it.
    Jon

God and family, the rest is icing on the cake. I'm so far behind, I think I'm in first place!

Host of the 2015 FAMILY WOODWORKING GATHERING

Brooklin ON -- 45 mins. NE of Toronto, ON
    [QUOTE=Jonathan Shively;378342]Be careful of what you wish for Rob. Have a few buddies that are divorced after their wives became "social butterflies". Enjoy your life, your wife and the opportunities both afford.
    There is a song about "Unanswered Prayers". If I could remember anymore would post a link to it.
    Just google, Garth Brooks - Unanswered Prayers!
    Mack C. in Brooklin ON
    It feels great to sell a pen,
    It feels even greater to give one to a friend!

If your presence doesn't make an impact;
    Your absence won't make a difference!

I am a proud supporter of
    "Pens for Canadian Peacekeepers"!

Man I need to revamp the RV search that still looks like fun! I can barely get loml past the "room service is roughing it" stage (I'm more of a roll up in a tarp under a tree and we're good kind of guy so we're a bit apart on the relative ideas of required comfort ). She has agreed that a trailer with facilities would suffice.

Curious - what's your power situation to be able to run all of those lights?

I'm always whittling camp tools (toast holders, pan flippers, pot hooks, etc.. etc...) when we're camping I usually leave them hung nicely in a tree next to the site when we leave. I expect 99% of them are lost/tossed but hey if even a few get used its still amusing.

Spitting distance north of Detroit Michigan
    That first picture sure put a light on the 'roughing it' aspect

The lights sure add a festive feel, hope your both enjoying it all!
    The perception of perfection is perfectly clear to everyone else

Re: Rv camping in USA

Read the title Ken.....in USA....hey i am quick to adapt to your modern conveniences Had enough of the tent, hard ground, and drop pits or using leaves.

Oh btw besides fireworks lights are another suppressed passion. They sure set the mood for festivities.

We moving to Cape Cod in a day or two.....got to get a flyfishing fix knee injury aside it aint gonna stop me.

Wish i had brought my long pole with me...guys here in Ma/Nh fish for large striped bass off beach. Regulation min size is over 26" can you imagine that. Thought i would have to sell that pole after visiting Nova Scotia and Pei a few years back and seeing they dont fish from the beach...but hey there is another whole world down here. Great beaches on coast here.
    We visited Portsmouth yesterday stopped to see the USS Albacore
    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Albacore_(AGSS-569)
    You have to admire the folks that go to sea in a tin can. I could never do it.
    Space between bunks was no higher than what i find available when i struggle to crawl under the car doing oil change.

Lobster Rolls for lunch in Rye harbor ......ohhhhh delicious.

Looking to going whale watching from Rye on Friday.

Had some fish on the BBQ grill plate last night that we aint seen or had in years..Wild Hake. oh baby it was gone in a flash. Added some USA WILD prawns from gulf boy they sweet and tasty beats the farmed Thai prawns we find in our stores near where we stay. Added some fresh asparagus cooked on grill with butter and sliced almonds and garlic. Yup all gone in a flash.

Tough life camping

cheers

Well, it sure doesn't look like you're gonna starve out there in the wild, Rob.

(You're obviously not roughing it too hard, considering you're still updating forum threads from your campsite.)
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

Pics man! Where are the pics!

Sounds like a great time and great food, hopeful your wife will let you do what you want to do for some of the time.
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault