Rv camping in USA

Rob Keeble

Well even while camping there is chance for some not so fine woodworking Lol

Called improvisation .....had some wood and needed to make a plan

uploadfromtaptalk1378253229414.jpg

Then thought i would show ya all what our serup looks like at night. We the only ones out tonight :(

uploadfromtaptalk1378253337437.jpg

Got my lights up here is a closeup shot
uploadfromtaptalk1378253406048.jpg

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Brent its the forum that saves me. Trust me u did not want to be near me today especially after my drive to woodcraft. :banghead:

I just need to get my wife to be a more social animal.

Be careful of what you wish for Rob. Have a few buddies that are divorced after their wives became "social butterflies". Enjoy your life, your wife and the opportunities both afford. There is a song about "Unanswered Prayers". If I could remember anymore would post a link to it.

Man I need to revamp the RV search that still looks like fun! :thumb: I can barely get loml past the "room service is roughing it" stage (I'm more of a roll up in a tarp under a tree and we're good kind of guy so we're a bit apart on the relative ideas of required comfort :p). She has agreed that a trailer with facilities would suffice.

Curious - what's your power situation to be able to run all of those lights?

I'm always whittling camp tools (toast holders, pan flippers, pot hooks, etc.. etc...) when we're camping I usually leave them hung nicely in a tree next to the site when we leave. I expect 99% of them are lost/tossed but hey if even a few get used its still amusing.

Read the title Ken.....in USA....hey i am quick to adapt to your modern conveniences :) Had enough of the tent, hard ground, and drop pits or using leaves. :)

Oh btw besides fireworks lights are another suppressed passion. They sure set the mood for festivities.

We moving to Cape Cod in a day or two.....got to get a flyfishing fix knee injury aside it aint gonna stop me.

Wish i had brought my long pole with me...guys here in Ma/Nh fish for large striped bass off beach. Regulation min size is over 26" can you imagine that. :) Thought i would have to sell that pole after visiting Nova Scotia and Pei a few years back and seeing they dont fish from the beach...but hey there is another whole world down here. Great beaches on coast here.
We visited Portsmouth yesterday stopped to see the USS Albacore
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Albacore_(AGSS-569)
You have to admire the folks that go to sea in a tin can. I could never do it.
Space between bunks was no higher than what i find available when i struggle to crawl under the car doing oil change.

Lobster Rolls for lunch in Rye harbor ......ohhhhh delicious.

Looking to going whale watching from Rye on Friday.

Had some fish on the BBQ grill plate last night that we aint seen or had in years..Wild Hake. oh baby it was gone in a flash. Added some USA WILD prawns from gulf boy they sweet and tasty beats the farmed Thai prawns we find in our stores near where we stay. Added some fresh asparagus cooked on grill with butter and sliced almonds and garlic. Yup all gone in a flash.

Tough life camping :)

Well, it sure doesn't look like you're gonna starve out there in the wild, Rob. :D

(You're obviously not roughing it too hard, considering you're still updating forum threads from your campsite.) :rofl:

Rob, If you wanted to go fly fishing you just left the state to do it in. Cape Cod is incredibly beautiful but it sure ain't known for fly fishing.
If you are going to surf cast than you want either live bait or lures. No fish on flys in the ocean.

Almost forgot. What did you think of the homes up and down the coast on 1A :thumb:

Vaughn who said anything about roughing it. Camping need not be roughing it. ;) Last i saw each place i have been to in the US the campers sure dont look like they roughing it.:D
Wifi comes with site nowadays at reasonable places and having a full hook up well also gets to be pretty standard.

Thats my reason for buying a trailer in the first place to have my home away from home but at any location i want. Dont have to pack unpack suitcases or deal with room service or housekeeping etc. Get to try local food either served up or bought and cooked.

Gave up getting down on the ground a couple of years back, it was getting a bit stale :) Even then we did it with certain degrees of comfort. I aint in the military anymore. :)

Bob those were some houses but i shudder to think of the cost of upkeep. The weather looks like it deals them a tough time. Not bad prices by the way. Got hold of a real estate catalog for the area and was pleasantly suprised at what one can get a house for in the greater area. House prices where i sold my house in Richmond Hill Ontario are totally out of wack in my view. I cannot fathom the logic in it at all thats why i got out before it crumbles down when interest rates rise.

As to fly fishing, Bob will have to agree and disagree with you but i have it on good authority (met a newly retired fish and game guy serious fisherman) on the beach the other day catching striped bass and got chatting to him. He recommended Cape Cod (we were going there anyway before he said so).

One thing for sure this place sure dies down after the labor day weekend. Its a beautiful area but man the locals kill off their own business after labor day. I guess some have had enough by then. But they close up places for food and drink for the whole week and only open on the weekend.

Darren I will try more pics, i have pretty much given up taking pics when no one in the family seems to care to review them. So i only take those i want like at BW. Also camera really needs upgrading. Will see what happens on whale sightseeing trip in the am.

Great thread! I love to read about people out RV'ing. I spend about 300 nights a year out in my trailer. I try to say camper around most people, but then when they see it-they don't allow me to get away with calling it that. For me roughing it is when I can't get a good cell signal or I'm stuck at a park that doesn't have enough power for both AC's! You can get real spoiled, real fast, in the right rig. I generally call mine a house with wheels. Even when I'm back at the house, I make a daily trip over to the storage yard to sit in the camper for a bit.

Where all are you headed on your trip? I'm supposed to be heading up towards the north east in the next few weeks, but I don't have a specific location assigned to me yet.. Would love to meet up in a campground!

Welcome to America for your dream trip. I'm sure you will enjoy. I really miss our camper. Wife won't use it anymore. :(
Some practical advice. In even semi-remote settings not all folks who come through are the kind you might want to socialize with. Most parks, private and public, frown on the open display of firearms. I always carried a couple cans of Raid wasp spray. These shoot a stream more than 20 feet and (reportedly) the stuff is majorly nasty in the eyes and when it gets in the mouth or nose. I kept one just inside the door and another on the table near where we sat. Innocent looking, just trying to keep the nasties away. :rolleyes: It is also a good repellant for stray dogs and the occasional black bear looking for a meal.

Thanks for the tip Frank. Justin we in Salem on winter Island tonight, tomorrow we headed for Cape Cod. No specific site yet going to look see and land where we like it. :)

If any of you guys are RVers or trailer campers like we are and live in the NE near Salem you gotta check out this Island. Oh boy to camp in a boat yard is a dream for me. I cannot wait to wake up in the morn and have coffee looking over all the boats moored in the bay.Lighthouse in evening.jpg boats moored for the night.jpgapologies for the poor pic this is taken with my Kodak ZI8 and its a baby with no fancy lens or light adjustment.

Where it all began .......State House site of the Boston Massacre State House where it all began.jpg

note them British symbols at the top of the house. :eek:

USS Constitution ......what a ship .

Chuck this is a real Bell rope. Had cause to think of my late Dad today seeing this rope and the Navy boys around. He had visited Boston both during the war for a Battleship refit and post war to look up family.

Bell and rope.jpg
Ofcourse I could not resist taking the helm :) but the captain doing the photography chopped my head off well she has been biting it off anyhow. Aye aye Captain taking orders while at the helm.jpg

There is some amazing woodwork if one keeps ones eyes open carving on the top of gangplank. Vey cool you need to see it in the flesh so to speak. Cool carving on gangplank at USS Constitution.jpg

And a not very common site to be seen by humans we were lucky going whale watching the other day and saw many whales coolest was this humpback that entertained us by lying on her back (it was a her according to the naturalist aboard) and splashing her flippers over and over like oars in the water. The flippers weight in at over a ton the sound is amazing they look as clumsy as anything but they can make them move.
Humback Whale flapping flipper.jpg

That it for now my portable hotspot is running low on data but its been a blast to have around really worth it.

Well we made it out of Boston...crazy traffic ....cool to drive the tunnels of the big.
When i was here for ITS America back in 95/96 we exhibited and attended the conference, they were just getting to beginnings of the big dig. What a project. What a cost. :)

Any we set up un North Truro on Cape Cod. Had lunch in Provincetown....wont miss that place ever and frankly wont ever be going near there again. Reasons will be kept private suffice to say place dont fit with my cowboy norms. :)

Today gonna try my hand at some fishing. Will see how that goes.

Some of you might not know how well the Feds have managed this place. You got huge spans of public beaches all thanks to Feds and a program to buy up seashore and protect area from development. :thumbup:

Well yesterday I was pretty disappointed with what we saw. But after just getting back from my recce I have to say wow what a place America. You gotta get down here and see for yourself. Fantastic beaches miles long and at this time of year very few people. Man its great and just what I wanted. Came online to buy my permit and we off back to beach. Tide is coming in and all the blogs say I am at the right spot which is on Atlantic side between beach and sandbar that is under water when tide is in.

We just spent over an hour watching grey seals and their pups in the water. Two pods of seals not more than 20 ft from the beach about 30 at my best count in the water. Picked up a couple of whats it items I will post later.

Been wanting to do this for the longest time....

GONE FISHING. !!!!!!!!:rofl::wave: have a nice day at the office ya all. :D