Gained a few square feet

Darren Wright

Administrator
Staff member
Been meaning to make a guitar rack for all of my guitars to go on, but not been high on the priority list lately. Musicians friend had some guitar wall hangers on sale this week for about $5 each, so grabbed a few. They arrived today...

2013-09-04 19.32.50.jpg

So spent some time getting the pile of guitars out of the corner of the office and up where I may actually mess with them from time to time.

2013-09-04 19.40.09.jpg

Even was able to get Jay's CBG on one. :D
2013-09-04 19.37.04.jpg2013-09-04 19.45.10.jpg2013-09-04 20.15.45.jpg

Nice collection! You should have done some playing when you were out here!

My office seems to be almost all doors and windows. I wish I had more wall space to hang stuff on. I really like the way that works for you!

You've got a nice collection there, Darren. :thumb: Or at least a good start. :whistling: :rofl: What brands are the two Strat-bodied ones? They look like nice little axes. I'd like to do a wall hanging arrangement if I had the wall space. Right now the living room of my little apartment looks like a guitar bomb went off. There are guitars and cases all over the place (including a stack of three empty cases on the couch), plus stands, amps, pedals, and various other gear. Interior design by Guitar Center. :D

...Now just because I have guitars and musical interests, doesn't mean I know how to play worth a darn. :rofl:

Hey, that didn't stop the rest of us from playing at Burning Wood! :guitar: Playing with others in front of people is one of the fastest ways to improve your playing. You pride motivates you to play better. That's essentially what I've been doing for the past two or three months, and playing with other musicians in front of crowds has made a world of difference in my playing. ;)

Oh oh how did u weasel out of playing at BW. Lucky man none of the likes of me had figured out you had guitars. :)
Nice wall hanging. But.......now u heard us all hitting on old Ken there for a tune when he strikes up one of his CBG's well we aint heard that one of Jays hanging on your wall i see, make a sound by u. :)
Feeling the pressure? ???? :)

I see another forum addition coming on, all three admins and more than a few members are musically inclined. :)

I guess getting organized will be just like a workshop and make for more productive use of tools.

What we must have more than enough guitarists for a pretty decent FWWing Band.

Brent with that software u have you should get each guy to make a few sounds and string them together on multiple tracks and make up a FWW jingle. :) That would we way cool and my guess would be a forum anywhere first. ;)

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

You've got a nice collection there, Darren. :thumb: Or at least a good start. :whistling: :rofl: What brands are the two Strat-bodied ones?

The black one is a cheap Aria(?) that I picked up from a co-worker a few weeks back for $30 (for guitar and practice amp), really haven't messed with it much. It needs some knobs and the potentiometers need to be cleaned up, they throw some static when turned. I'm thinking about seeing if either of my younger nieces are interesting in learning and give it to them if so.

The blue one is my first, a Kramer Focus 3000. Has the original Floyd rose, but need to find the locking version to put on it. I had bought a newer version a while back and the stud/pivot pin distance was off by a small distance, so ended up reselling it as I didn't want to re-drill the holes. Figured I would find an original some day so I can just swap it out.

I'd really like to get a les paul, but after seeing your variax, I may go for their version of it. My goal is to really learn to play again (rather to learn to play :rofl:) before dropping any more coin on new guitars.

The rest are a Washburn D10, Ibanez nylon string, Epiphone Bass (my son's), and the Frog Pond "Missed drilled the !@#$%@#$ fret mark" special :D.

Also have a Yamaha keyboard I got to play around with midi stuff. For the amp, I use a Tascam US-200 with Behringer studio monitors, and Waves GTR Solo for my amp/effects simulation through my computer. I wouldn't recommend the GTR Solo, have some issues with the licensing software that kind of makes it a pain to use.

Oh oh how did u weasel out of playing at BW. Lucky man none of the likes of me had figured out you had guitars. :)

I politely said "ummm...noooo", been about 15 years since I had even opened a case. I only took a few lessons after HS and never really learn anything other than the intro to Stairway to Heaven and took some classical guitar lessons for about a year as my teacher was getting a masters in classical, got pretty good at Greensleeves, just hated reading music.

(not me by the way...)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5c4ba2OodJI

Could also play Bach's Bouree pretty well...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKSg8t4zyLg

...I'd really like to get a les paul, but after seeing your variax, I may go for their version of it...

My main complaint about the Variax is that it's not real straightforward to get it fixed if something goes wrong. My blue one developed a problem with one of the piezo pickups. It's been to the shop once, and I just got it back Tuesday. Plugged it in last night, and the pickup is going intermittent again, so it's back to the shop in the next few days.