Thread: Goodbye, old blue

Goodbye, old blue

I drove my 2001 Saturn to the wreckers yesterday. It had 7 km. on it when I first sat in it, and nearly 370,000 km. when I last got out of it. It needed more in repairs than I could have sold the car for. Got $250, a fair price. No regrets, no tears, great little car!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SaturnL.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	117.7 KB 
ID:	78280
    Cheers,
    Roger

The other member of Mensa, but not the NRA

Everyone is a self-made person.

"The thing about quotes on the internet is that you cannot confirm their veracity" -Abraham Lincoln

They are great little cars indeed. With nearly 230,000 miles on it, I'd say you got your money's worth out of yours. On my last trip out to LA, we sold my wife's '95 SC-2 coupe on Craigslist. My wife (and eventually a mechanic) said it needed some transmission work, but I never could get the problem to show up when I drove it. It only had about 133,000 miles on it and still ran strong when we sold it (with full disclosure about the tranny) to a young guy with a family who was looking for an inexpensive commuter vehicle.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

We still have ours. Bought it for our daughter years ago...88k miles I think? I use it all the time rather than filling up the truck every week. 168,000ish and still running great!
    Your Respiratory Therapist wears Combat boots

Just last May I sold my 1999 Dodge Grand Caravan to my daughter for $1.00. You can do that in Nebraska if it is family. Anyway, it only had 285,000+ miles on it and is still going strong, though she keeps it within about a 50 mile radius. I always got about 21-23 mpg with it but she only gets around 18 or so..............bigger feet?

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Newby View Post
    I sold my 1999 Dodge Grand Caravan to my daughter for $1.00. You can do that in Nebraska if it is family.
    In Ontario you can give a car to family or friends for nothing. If you charge $1.00, the government will evaluate it and charge you the tax on the assessed value. The gift car must still pass the safety check.
    Cheers,
    Roger

The other member of Mensa, but not the NRA

Everyone is a self-made person.

"The thing about quotes on the internet is that you cannot confirm their veracity" -Abraham Lincoln