Goodbye, old blue

Roger Tulk

I drove my 2001 Saturn to the wreckers yesterday. It had 7 km. on it when I first sat in it, and nearly 370,000 km. when I last got out of it. It needed more in repairs than I could have sold the car for. Got $250, a fair price. No regrets, no tears, great little car!

SaturnL.jpg

They are great little cars indeed. With nearly 230,000 miles on it, I'd say you got your money's worth out of yours. On my last trip out to LA, we sold my wife's '95 SC-2 coupe on Craigslist. My wife (and eventually a mechanic) said it needed some transmission work, but I never could get the problem to show up when I drove it. It only had about 133,000 miles on it and still ran strong when we sold it (with full disclosure about the tranny) to a young guy with a family who was looking for an inexpensive commuter vehicle.

We still have ours. Bought it for our daughter years ago...88k miles I think? I use it all the time rather than filling up the truck every week. 168,000ish and still running great!

Just last May I sold my 1999 Dodge Grand Caravan to my daughter for $1.00. You can do that in Nebraska if it is family. Anyway, it only had 285,000+ miles on it and is still going strong, though she keeps it within about a 50 mile radius. I always got about 21-23 mpg with it but she only gets around 18 or so..............bigger feet?:huh: