Quack quack

This is a white oak burl form. Nothin fancy just a nice looking piece of wood. It's going to a guy i'm doing a wood swap with on a different forum. Also doing one of them bowl and pitchers. He sent me a bunch of spalted maple to do the bowl and pitcher with, and is also sending me some large ambrosia maple with some really great figure, curl and quilt.:) Well I though I should add something to the pot also just couse I can. :D As he goes by duckman the reason for the duck. Finish on the oak is BLO and lacuar, and about 4 x 6.
thanks as always.013 (644x800).jpg004 (564x800).jpg008 (577x800).jpg011 (569x800).jpg

Man, Steve, we're gonna need to find a bigger ballpark. You keep hitting it out of this one. :) :thumb: Very nice work!

As usual...bang!! Well done bud...time to retire from construction and do the art thing!

Jim can you believe I got two pieces in our welcome center as I type. They were asking for local artist and I finally broke down ( because of you ) and there show starts today.:D
Larry what's a table saw? havn't seen one in a while.:rofl::rofl: Oh by the way have one in the works for you also. :thumb:
Thanks all hope he likes it.

I have said it before and will say it again same as what Jim said time to give up construction and let that artist go full time.

Out the ball park is dead right. And if he dont like it send it to me i think its fantastic and the duck is such a nice touch and size. This piece just speaks to me...:thumb:

Fantastic, Stephen. I can hardly believe you are the same guy that wanted me to show you how to sharpen a gouge! That was unleashing a tiger. Very well done.

I have said it before and will say it again same as what Jim said time to give up construction and let that artist go full time...

Rob, don't you recall when we ran the numbers on the "full time artist" gig a few years ago? It's pretty much a fantasy. There simply aren't enough hours in the day to turn, finish, market, and distribute your work to make a viable living. (Or even an non-viable one, really.) Even the "big name" turners are making the bulk of their money from something other than selling their turnings. (Demonstrations, videos, tool making, etc.) Yes, there are some guys making a living from production turning, but that's a whole other game compared to turning the artistic stuff.

Being a full-time artist is a good gig for retired guys, but if you're relying on it to pay the mortgage and put food on the table, not so much. ;)

Well Steve I know you won't hang up the hammer for awhile yet, but maybe you can make enough $$ selling pieces to get ya a Robust before you do...:D

This piece is outstanding! Well Done! :thumb: