Late summer cleaning

Ned Bulken

I'm in the middle of it at the moment, but I finally broke down and shifted my newfangled bench and storage cabinet... hope to get a bit more elbow room in the shop:
null_zps2208cd15.jpg
my horribly messy cabinet

and the newfangled bench in its new home:
newbench home.jpg

temporary home for the chopsaw, had to 'dress' some lumber so I could get things shuffled around, and reach the UTS on the other end of the shop. I still haven't reached the UTS yet, but I'm not working today, and I'm not done out there.

OH I know it is a never ending process, but this was something I needed to do to get better access to my workbench. I have another 'clutter' bench, but now I have good access between the bench and the tablesaw. When I was working out there earlier, I even found my Ultimate tool stand works well as an outfeed table! Now if I could just find my 'thin' pusher for ripping cutting board stock down. I've got to get the planer 'jacked up' so that I can clamp it down in the well on the UTS. RIght now, it sits almost 2" too low for good infeed/outfeed. I'll rip down some 2x stock and shim it up so that the tables are flush on the UTS wings.

I'm planning on picking up the ridgid spindle/belt sander, but that's going to wait until next month. I splurged a bit on the house, plus we have our school tax bill due at the end of the month.