Thread: Two of my favorites

Two of my favorites

Have a fare amount of pulled pork leftover and Stacey has been dropping hints about pizza the last few days. Due to old torn up hands...kneeding dough is out and the Kitchen Aid takes a lot of time. We have a monster of a food processor from Cuisinart and it makes great dough in about 45 seconds. Enough for 2 12" pizzas or 4 calzones. Little mozzarella, provolone and pepperoni to top off the pulled pork and whammo! And yes Vaughn...I still suck at making round pizza!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails uploadfromtaptalk1378998045640.jpg  
    Last edited by Jim Burr; 09-12-2013 at 03:04 PM.
    Your Respiratory Therapist wears Combat boots

Sounds good Jim. The Pizza Huts around here do a BBQ pizza, I've not found it in many other towns, but they do mix in some bbq sauce with the pizza sauce to give it that bbq zing. Have made my own versions, love cooking the pizzas on the grill though.
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

Nice. What Darren said. Next time make the pizza on the BBQ!
    Programmer - An organism that turns coffee into software.
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of" Ogden Nash

Grilled pizza is definitely the way to go, it's the only way I prepare it. I do prefer a 'less than round' setup like yours, though. It just feels less like it's right out of a box.

Our personal favorite one, is a cheese base, then grilled summer sausage with red onions and a honey mustard glaze. After grilling, top it with a sweet and sour cole slaw right before you cut it. I do really like the double proteins on this one, pulled pork AND pepperoni? I'm in.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Burr View Post
    ...And yes Vaughn...I still suck at making round pizza!!

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

I'm working on a different bbq sauce this weekend and have one more ball of dough left so it will get the full bbq treatment! Square though...easier to get on and off the grill...for me anyway.
    Your Respiratory Therapist wears Combat boots

I love making grill pizza, but cheat and buy the dough from the local pizza shop for $3 per ball. Don't you have to let it rise or something when you make your own?

That pizza looks and sounds great, Jim. Forget the shape - the taste is all that matters!
    Bill Arnold
    Citizen of Texas residing in Georgia.
    NRA Life Member and Member of Mensa
    My Weather Underground station