Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Weekend starting early Friday again

Weekend starting early Friday again

Meeting Jarrod early at the shop and heading down to the Pentagon. He's taking the van to stay and work on the exterior doors and I'm following on the bike and them meeting up with the contractor on the job and heading to Bike week in Ocean City Md. For the weekend. Picks will follow.
    I dream a lot. I do more painting when I'm not painting. It's in the subconscious.
    ::: Andrew Wyeth :::
    colonialrestorationstudio.com

Spitting distance north of Detroit Michigan
    Stay safe, have fun!

I have some exterior stove pipe to replace on the shops wood burner, need to clean-up the garden area as it's pretty much went south for the winter. Usual yard work & shop diddle-daddling.
    The perception of perfection is perfectly clear to everyone else

My wife and I are driving to Cooperstown, N.Y. this weekend, just because.
    Cheers,
    Roger

The other member of Mensa, but not the NRA

Everyone is a self-made person.

"The thing about quotes on the internet is that you cannot confirm their veracity" -Abraham Lincoln

production run of optical illusion cutting boards here.
    benedictione omnes bene

www.burroviejowoodworking.com

check out my etsy store, buroviejowoodworking

Have a couple of guitar remodeling jobs for the weekend. One of them is discussed here:

http://familywoodworking.org/forums/...-Makeover-Poll

The other project is going to leave this guitar looking pretty much the same (except the amber knobs will be replaced with black ones), but it will change the way it sounds:

[Warning: Guitar geek talk ahead]

This is a Washburn/Oscar Schmidt Delta King (ES-335 knockoff with a bolt-on neck). I bought it new for about $200 several years ago. The guitar itself is impressive, especially considering the price, but the pickups have always been pretty disappointing. Now it's getting all new pickups, pots, switch, jack, and wiring. I'm gutting it and starting from scratch. Replacing the factory pickups with some inexpensive but well-reviewed imports - the Dragonfire Vintage Humbuckers - with coil splitter switches in the tone pots to switch from humbucking to single coil. All the other components are high-quality parts from StewMac to replace the cheap Asian stuff it came with. The rewiring is pretty straightforward, but I'm not looking forward to fishing all the components into place through the f-holes.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

bethel springs TN, but was born and raised in north east PA
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Tulk View Post
    Roger you must be going to the Baseball hall of Fame. As a kid we must of gone there more times than I can count. My mom,not my dad was and still is one of the yankees biggest fanes. Now I guess it didn't hurt that most of my dads family was from the area.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hawksford View Post
    Meeting Jarrod early at the shop and heading down to the Pentagon. He's taking the van to stay and work on the exterior doors and I'm following on the bike and them meeting up with the contractor on the job and heading to Bike week in Ocean City Md. For the weekend. Picks will follow.
    Tell me you're not driving the bike over the Chesapeake Bay Bridge I can't do it in a car. I've driven up to the top of Delaware and back down just to avoid it
    Faith, Hope & Charity

BBQ ribs sat night with my bud shop day all day Sunday, have to put together a small blanket chest.

Yea , I've made the trip 3-4 timea now and enjoy it. Better then with my van as long as the winds are down.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Tulk View Post
    Enjoy the weekend with the wife. Drive safe.
    I dream a lot. I do more painting when I'm not painting. It's in the subconscious.
    ::: Andrew Wyeth :::
    colonialrestorationstudio.com

Today is the final button down on the 16' trailer for the move on Sunday. Also have to load the motorcycle and get that load ready. Pick up truck from diesel mechanic this morning (in for routine service), get tire on spare wheel which should be here today. Trailer lights and brakes working. New weight distribution and sway control installed. Tools (for this move) packed. By Saturday night I need the bubbatruck and 16' cargo trailer and the car and motorcycle with its trailer ready to rumble on Sunday afternoon after church. In between are two meetings (this afternoon and evening), prep for one service (tomorrow afternoon/evening), one church service, and one confirmation brunch right after church. Friend and I hope to be on the road before 2 PM. Arrival in Strawberry, AZ after midnight. Then 2 days to get things ready on that end for the final move at the end of the month. Back here on Wednesday. Pix later. Next month: work on Putter Palace more than an hour or two a couple times a week. WooHoo!
    ++++++

Some say the land of milk and honey; others say the land of fruits and nuts. All together my sort of heaven.

Power is not taken. It is given. Who have you given yours to? Hmmmm?

Carol Reed