Got $300.00 to spend

Bob Gibson

I put my silver change in a big bucket every night and every 6 months or so and take it to the change sorter at the bank. It's my mad money tool fund. Today I got almost $300.00.

Not sure what I want to spend it on. I have been looking around for a 12" disk sander, but seeing all the carving going on around here lately has sort of peaked my interest.

I'd like a real nice set of chisels.
Maybe a bunch of bullet pen kits? The gun shop in the next town wants to put some in his display case.
I'd really like a Bisenmeyer fence.
I'd really like an Incra fence
Since I'm out of walnut maybe $300.00 bucks worth ??

This money is separate from my official tool fund and it's burning a hole in my pocket already.

Any ideas to help me spend it ????

i would get the kits to make the pens and make more with it bob,, as for some walnut , my delivery guy isnt going your way i dont think.. but i can ask:) i am in the wantlist for a lrg disc sander but the shellix head on the planer is on the top of the list

That's great position to be in Bob! You have some nice alternatives, but my guess is that you have intuitively landed on what you really want; a new hobby - carving. Go for it! Looks like a great pastime!

That's great position to be in Bob! You have some nice alternatives, but my guess is that you have intuitively landed on what you really want; a new hobby - carving. Go for it! Looks like a great pastime!

It does look like a fun pastime but unfortunately I was not blessed with the genes of patience, imagination or talent :(
That's why I love power tools :rofl::rofl::rofl:

i would get the kits to make the pens and make more with it bob,, as for some walnut , my delivery guy isnt going your way i dont think.. but i can ask:) i am in the wantlist for a lrg disc sander but the shellix head on the planer is on the top of the list
Should have said something when you where here. My 12 inch is just sitting under the bench collecting dust. And just to add salt to the wound it could have been bought with walnut.:thumb::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I think you should take your wife out for a night on the town, dinner and a show maybe, or maybe a night out of the house.

Darn !!!!!!! Now you got me feeling guilty :eek: She did mention that she wants to go antiquing next weekend up North. She also mentioned Foxwoods or Mohegan Sun. Maybe a day and night away would be a good idea.

Not sure if I'm feeling that guilty though ;)

:lurk:

You're lucky, typically if I announce I have extra money, Murphy stops by and finds something for me to spend it on unexpectedly, usually after I've already spent that money though. :doh:

^^^^^^^^^^
What Ned said.

The key to most successful investment plans is diversity! And, if that plan includes SWMBO, you can bet you'll be safe. :thumb:

:D

I dunno Dinner at 2 * $1.50 for the hot dog and a drink at Costco.. so you only have $17.0 for the movie - does that even buy a matinee for two nowadays?

I was thinking Redbox for the movie. He could probably swing a double feature...you know...make it a REAL special night!

Lee Valley Shooting Plane. Bazinga!

Gadzooks (did I really just say that? if you can say bazinga I can say gadzooks :rofl:) I forgot about that as well:doh: I really want a low angle block plane and a new shoulder plane. I think I may have just decided.

Red box is too expensive. I have coupons for buy one get one free at KFC and we have Netflix. What more could a gal want. :rofl: