question about inlace acrylester

Looks like you're getting the hang of it. :thumb: I agree the purple one could have used a bit more taken off the bottom, but understand the rationale behind quitting while you're ahead. ;) Nice-looking set of pens, too. :)

Good job Allen. Those stoppers will work well until the bottom half of the bottle. Then they will make the bottle top heavy. Really like the stopper display rack. Pen wallet is a good thing, keeps 'em from getting beat up.

You're making progress ... I'm one of the rare ones that like Inlace acrylester because it causes me to take very lite cuts and I keep a tube of CA handy for those holes that just magically pop while you're turning. They turn out dazzling for pens and the other sex seems to want things that are pretty instead of practical.

What I don't understand (I defer myself to Paul, the expert of vino consumers) is why use a threaded SS for the base? The only reason I can think of would be to take it apart, but I don't see that as being practical or something someone would really do.

SS304 019_005.jpg

I use SS 304 that a friend makes for the locals around this area that you simply drill a number "Z" drill and glue in the post.