Big Shout out for Wood Essence and Jeff

Rob Keeble

Man as many of you know I am always on about business and marketing etc .

Well after hearing Charlie mention target coatings so many times and reading his experience of it on his website, I decided to look up where to get it in Canada.

Well turns out Wood Essence in Saskatoon (yeah that place Neil Young made famous) is the Canadian agent.

Well when I first saw that I though dang double dang here goes the shipping bit again and that will blow it might as well go back to LV and buy more General Enduro at $30 per quart before taxes. Gallon of Em6000 costs $51 plus our taxes and shipping. So at what turns out to be $120 a gallon if I buy 4 quarts at LV enduro can go jump in the ocean. Of course enduro is available from Wood Essence in gallon tin at $81 per can. I know I am probably not being fair in regards my implied comparison but hey I refuse to become a chemist to be able to buy a simple finish. :D

But first I wanted to know about shelf life. I want to keep on using water based finish and need some for my shelving project and found a quart does not go far and its pretty tough when you run out in the middle of a spray job. So wanted to buy a gallon tin. BTW this stuff can be kept for about 1 year and if you live in a climate like ours best to take it indoors although it can take freezing a couple of times but why push it.

So the first thing I thought was I will call target coatings and see what they say. Ok called them and typical corporate hoops and jumps and then leave a message and well get back to you.

Man do they realise I want to place a order and get this done. I don't have time to be going back and forth waiting for a call back etc.
So I figure Larry has sung Jeff praises before (hope this is the right Jeff) and I called and what do you know a real human answered the phone and what do you know I got my answer with questions answered immediately.

Ok so I hit wood essence website and begin my order and boy this is a guy that understands modern marketing. he has a bunch of shipping options available.

But wait there is more. He has looked at our country and considered how he might better serve clients by having a collaborative arrangement for warehousing his product and being able to drop ship it from the Greater Toronto Area by partnering with a local chemical warehousing company.

Ok so you think it ends there. No ways. he gets my order and next thing I get a nice email from him saying he can reduce my shipping from $16 per gallon to $12 per gallon if I am prepared to used FedEx Ground. I had chosen our local courier company Purolator and their cost was $16 if I recall correctly.

Well I was ordering this finish so as to be able to have it available when my shelves are done which I hope to work on this weekend. I was really not expecting delivery for at least a week or so.

But what do you know I go outside today to pick up the local paper and flyers and FedEx has dropped off my gallon of finish.

Whats more all my fears of a tin arriving all beaten up completely gone. Heck why would I think of leaving home to buy a gallon of paint if I can have a service like this.

WAY TO GO JEFF you made it so easy and so effortless I will DEFINITELY be supporting you in the future. I aint a big user but what I do need you will get my order everytime.

You could teach many many companies just how to do it with this kind of holistic approach. As the rednecks in Duck Dynasty would say "That's what I am talking about JACK" err Jeff. :D

I am not just a happy customer I am delighted and want the whole world to know just how great your service was.

When ever did you hear of a company contacting you with a view to reducing your shipping costs. This guy understands business.

Now I hope the target coating stuff works out like I hope it will but hey if its good enough for Charlie Plesums its more than good enough for me.

Man as many of you know I am always on about business and marketing etc .

Well after hearing Charlie mention target coatings so many times and reading his experience of it on his website, I decided to look up where to get it in Canada.

Well turns out Wood Essence in Saskatoon (yeah that place Neil Young made famous) is the Canadian agent.

Well when I first saw that I though dang double dang here goes the shipping bit again and that will blow it might as well go back to LV and buy more General Enduro at $30 per quart before taxes. Gallon of Em6000 costs $51 plus our taxes and shipping. So at what turns out to be $120 a gallon if I buy 4 quarts at LV enduro can go jump in the ocean. Of course enduro is available from Wood Essence in gallon tin at $81 per can. I know I am probably not being fair in regards my implied comparison but hey I refuse to become a chemist to be able to buy a simple finish. :D

But first I wanted to know about shelf life. I want to keep on using water based finish and need some for my shelving project and found a quart does not go far and its pretty tough when you run out in the middle of a spray job. So wanted to buy a gallon tin. BTW this stuff can be kept for about 1 year and if you live in a climate like ours best to take it indoors although it can take freezing a couple of times but why push it.

So the first thing I thought was I will call target coatings and see what they say. Ok called them and typical corporate hoops and jumps and then leave a message and well get back to you.

Man do they realise I want to place a order and get this done. I don't have time to be going back and forth waiting for a call back etc.
So I figure Larry has sung Jeff praises before (hope this is the right Jeff) and I called and what do you know a real human answered the phone and what do you know I got my answer with questions answered immediately.

Ok so I hit wood essence website and begin my order and boy this is a guy that understands modern marketing. he has a bunch of shipping options available.

But wait there is more. He has looked at our country and considered how he might better serve clients by having a collaborative arrangement for warehousing his product and being able to drop ship it from the Greater Toronto Area by partnering with a local chemical warehousing company.

Ok so you think it ends there. No ways. he gets my order and next thing I get a nice email from him saying he can reduce my shipping from $16 per gallon to $12 per gallon if I am prepared to used FedEx Ground. I had chosen our local courier company Purolator and their cost was $16 if I recall correctly.

Well I was ordering this finish so as to be able to have it available when my shelves are done which I hope to work on this weekend. I was really not expecting delivery for at least a week or so.

But what do you know I go outside today to pick up the local paper and flyers and FedEx has dropped off my gallon of finish.

Whats more all my fears of a tin arriving all beaten up completely gone. Heck why would I think of leaving home to buy a gallon of paint if I can have a service like this.

WAY TO GO JEFF you made it so easy and so effortless I will DEFINITELY be supporting you in the future. I aint a big user but what I do need you will get my order everytime.

You could teach many many companies just how to do it with this kind of holistic approach. As the rednecks in Duck Dynasty would say "That's what I am talking about JACK" err Jeff. :D

I am not just a happy customer I am delighted and want the whole world to know just how great your service was.

When ever did you hear of a company contacting you with a view to reducing your shipping costs. This guy understands business.

Now I hope the target coating stuff works out like I hope it will but hey if its good enough for Charlie Plesums its more than good enough for me.

Hi Rob; You are so late to the party, you have me shaking my head!
My first encounter with Jeff goes back to Nov. 2009 when I was looking for dyes not finishes.

He was everything you say at that time and more, for a less than $70.00 CAD order!

Last edited: