Butterfly Stool

Thank you gentlemen. Vaughn, the originals were made of molded plywood in the style of pieces by Charles and Ray Eames. It would be kind of cool to have the capability in our own shops.

Very nice Dave, this is the kind of woodworking i really like. Would like to hear what Toni thinks of tbe design side of his piece.

So i guess to make something like this a whole bunch of work would have to go into making the form and then i presume using vacuum laminate strips onto the form. But how to trim the edges after forming??? More templates and router???

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

thanks guys.

Rob, I think the the originals were made in a large heated press but for the hobbyist I suppose vacuum bagging with bending ply and glue would be the route to go.

Hey of course we care how can you say that. You the master sensei.

Watched the video and Dave you really make it seem so easy. Thanks for showing us and great video, you have a great way of presenting. I can understand what you doing but boy try do it myself and its another thing.

Just thinking aloud this drawing could be output to a cnc router no? and then it could be used to make the moulds to make that stool.

I really like this piece, if I was retired and a decent equipped shop this is the kind of stuff I would like to have a go at. More unique stuff with lots of hoops and jumps to make to get it right.
Thanks Dave.:thumb: