Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CJ's pony Ricky

CJ's pony Ricky

Sunday CJ and I got some time to get his pony, cart and harness out and put it to good use. Lou Ann was with us for a few rides, but she is the person behind the camera, actually my phone so she can send them to Fina who then emails them back to me!

So here we are driving in the little cart called a "Town and Country" cart. CJ is 6 years old, Ricky is probably going on mid 20's. Sweetest dispositioned pony ever been on our farm for little kids.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mail-3.jpeg 
Views:	43 
Size:	66.6 KB 
ID:	78563

After the pony is done working our work begins. Showing CJ how to brush his pony in the direction the hair lays.

Name:	mail-1.jpeg 
Views:	42 
Size:	79.1 KB 
ID:	78564

The boy is a quick learner!

Name:	mail.jpeg 
Views:	46 
Size:	10.2 KB 
ID:	78562

CJ has always enjoyed leading Ricky so here he is taking Ricky to some good grass for a reward.

Name:	mail-2.jpeg 
Views:	45 
Size:	11.7 KB 
ID:	78560
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mail-1.jpeg   mail-3.jpeg   mail.jpeg   mail-2.jpeg  
    Last edited by Jonathan Shively; 09-23-2013 at 01:41 PM. Reason: enlarge the pictures
    Jon

God and family, the rest is icing on the cake. I'm so far behind, I think I'm in first place!

Host of the 2015 FAMILY WOODWORKING GATHERING

Great! I know it is a lot of hard work, but you have the good life. I envy you. I had somewhat similar raising my kids but on a much smaller scale.
    "We the People ......"

That is fantatsic Jon. You have a great family.
    Faith, Hope & Charity

Spitting distance north of Detroit Michigan
    Looks like there is plenty of room for a FWW meet & greet hoe-down, and with shuttle service to boot
    I agree with Paul, definitely the good life!!!
    The perception of perfection is perfectly clear to everyone else

CJ is one lucky boy Jon, what a great life.
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Douglass View Post
    Great! I know it is a lot of hard work, but you have the good life. I envy you. I had somewhat similar raising my kids but on a much smaller scale.
    Days like Sunday make it ALL WORTHWHILE! No complaints, we bought a Wii and Tess and Eric showed CJ how to play Mario Cart on it and since then he has become a Mario Cart freak. He will stand and play it all day. He drives standing up so he can physically jump when his car jumps. Anyway, he said Ricky was more fun than Mario Cart!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Gibson View Post
    That is fantatsic Jon. You have a great family.
    Thans Bob, I agree. But then I am a little biased!

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cook View Post
    Looks like there is plenty of room for a FWW meet & greet hoe-down, and with shuttle service to boot
    I agree with Paul, definitely the good life!!!
    Well if it happens (people want to come) there will be some fishing, can shoot bows, crossbows, guns and can get the ponies out. Guess I'll have to get the team hooked to the wagon we used for Fina's wedding and show how we move people around the farm.

Quote Originally Posted by Darren Wright View Post
    CJ is one lucky boy Jon, what a great life.
    The youngest granddaughter is wild about the animals. She will sneak into the back porch (she is 18 months I think) and lay on the dog bed with the mini jack russell and belly laugh as Squirt licks her.
    Jon

God and family, the rest is icing on the cake. I'm so far behind, I think I'm in first place!

Very cool, Jon. Those are special times CJ will remember forever. Reminds me of myself and Sugarfoot, and miniature horse my dad managed to borrow for a year or so when I was about CJ's age. We had just gotten our first horse, and I was itching to "break a horse" so Dad found a yearling filly in my size that was barely halter broke. Unlike Ricky, she was a mean little wench. She was saddle broke by the time we gave her back to the owner, though.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

Very cool Johnathan very cool.
    cheers

/?glad you had a good wknd jon,, did you eat well? and did i hear yu say tess is gonna have a little one soon?
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn McMillan View Post
    Very cool, Jon. Those are special times CJ will remember forever. Reminds me of myself and Sugarfoot, and miniature horse my dad managed to borrow for a year or so when I was about CJ's age. We had just gotten our first horse, and I was itching to "break a horse" so Dad found a yearling filly in my size that was barely halter broke. Unlike Ricky, she was a mean little wench. She was saddle broke by the time we gave her back to the owner, though.
    I knew deep down you were a cowboy! Yeah, I hope I am one of those grandpa's that positively influence their grandchildren.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Keeble View Post
    Very cool Johnathan very cool.
    It'll be real cool when he learns to drive so I can shoot from the wagon!!!

Quote Originally Posted by larry merlau View Post
    /?glad you had a good wknd jon,, did you eat well? and did i hear yu say tess is gonna have a little one soon?
    It was an excellent weekend. Yes, angel food cake without icing, meatloaf, green fried tomatoes, corn on the cob yes we ate well. Nope, not Tess, Fina. Josh said he would fill the backyard with girls until they got a boy. The docs claim this is a boy so tomorrow morning we get the kids at 4:30 am as they are inducing her at 5:30 am.
    Jon