Walnut Blanket Chest

Tom Niemi

Staff member
Put together a blanket chest for a client, 40" x 20" x 16" high, nothing special design wise but some pretty nice walnut. The client is going to do the final sanding and do the finishing on it:)

Blanket Chest 1.jpgBlanket Chest 2.jpgBlanket Chest 3.jpg

That is some pretty chocolate. Nice use of the figure on the front. My favorite wood to work with and have in my own home.

I remember the good old days when I had walnut to work with :rolleyes: :)

Looks great Tom. Great use of some real pretty wood :thumb:
Looking at the front sideways I can see an eagles head in the grain. The two knots being the eyes.

Thanks all, definitely the wood makes this chest:) I have requested final pics from my client, and if I get them:rolleyes: I will post as I want to see them also:)

Thanks all, definitely the wood makes this chest:) I have requested final pics from my client, and if I get them:rolleyes: I will post as I want to see them also:)

Walnut, always walnut. You guys use it so much, you would think it grows on trees over there. Looking very nice Tom. Looking forward to the finished pictures.

Great piece Tom, that back rest could benefit from a simple carving such as a rosete, although I know I'm being mean here.... ;).

Jokes apart, I look forward to see it finished, it shines now and it will shine even better. Good that the customer will put the finish on it, so he will not be able to complain. I hope his skill in finishing equals yours in the making.