Little Free Library

I know I stay in the dark to much, but...

I showed this thread to LOML, since she's an avid reader and suggested it might be a good idea for our town. She gave me this strange look and told me there are several LFLs around our downtown area. It seems the local Junior Service League has a part in placing them.

Live and learn!

There wa a thing going on there in Canada, I don't know if you had the same in the US. When you finished a book, you would just leave it in a public space like a mall bench, and someone else would read it and be encouraged to do the same. I haven't heard of that program for a while. I did see a couple of such books, a few years ago, but I just left them where they lay. Between the Memsahib and I, we have enough used books to put one on every public bench in the city.

I might look at this LFL thing for my churchyard.

Darren that's a fantastic project and idea. I have a ton of books I have salvaged from Linda and Kids wanting to throw them out. I cannot bare to throw a book out, to me its like a crime. Think I just found a way to pass them on. We have a lot of people walk past our house in this neighborhood if I can get the time I would like to make one of these and see what happens.

What a really great project. Kudos to whoever was the originator of something like this. Thanks for sharing it. I don't get time enough to look at kickstarter often enough. :bang: