Some Walnut

Jeff Bower

I picked up a bunch of walnut this past spring and I'm finally getting around to finishing up some bowls from it over the past couple weeks. This stuff cuts like butter and once the oil hits it the grain really pops! I also finished up an oak bowl that had been laying around on the floor for 2yrs. It was HARD but finsihed up ok. The largest bowl is 10" and all of them are finished with my home brew of danish oil.

My SIL already claimed the thicker one with the undercut rim. Payment is a 12 pack of beer! My kind of sale right there! :D

Attachments

• [UNSET].jpg
    [UNSET].jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 70
Thanks guy :thumb: the good thing is that I have loads more walnut, but the bad is I can't seem to find enough time to turn as much as I want.

Sweet!!! For what's worth...the combination of your stuff a few years ago and now...great!! Still some of both showing up. Having followed the evolution for a few years...you really have this stuff down!!

Thanks again for the kind words. Jim, I hope we all evolve a bit over the years...although I have some plans for some very chunky turnings coming up soon! :)