Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How crazy can life get!!!

How crazy can life get!!!

My 'on the road' guardian angel decided a little excitement was in order. 52 miles north of Kingman, Arizona, two wheels and tires decided to part company with one of my trailers. Snapped all ten studs. MH pulled it down the road for a mile to get to a place to pull off, and it didn't even grunt while doing it! 5 hour delay to get back on the road again and of course, the roadside service policy didn't cover this. Pricey tow when there are only wheels on one side of the trailer. Pretty fancy tow truck, (but as big as the one Larry & and I enjoyed on the way to Brent's last June.) Flat bed, tilting, extending, winching. Took him an hour to load it and he really looked like he had done this before. Fascinating! But expensive. Note to self, look into different roadside service policy. Insurance company said it was covered but they sub contract the roadside service and those people said nope. I don't think I am done with them yet - if you get my drift.

Trailer is in storage in Kingman. Have to resolve that issue next week. Looking for another trailer.

Mother's memorial service is delayed because cremations take weeks. Not enough crematoriums and too much regulation of them. Family coming in from around the country but nobody really knows when. I really need some quiet time to process this, but that, too, is on the wait list.

AND, stress is getting to me. Tummy revolted today. Sighhhh......

Then today my SS check is in question - right after my last day of employment. Sheesh!

Not a good way to begin my sabbatical.
    ++++++

Some say the land of milk and honey; others say the land of fruits and nuts. All together my sort of heaven.

Power is not taken. It is given. Who have you given yours to? Hmmmm?

Carol Reed

Oh my, just glad all are safe. Reflect on that and try to relax. At least you have days off to figure it out. Take care...still praying for your ultimate safe arrival in your new destination

Carol,

I know it does not help, however I keep thinking of you.

Maybe I should stop thinking about how I wish life would smooth down for you and give you an easy ride. Maybe I'm a jinx.

I don't dare think I can say, "Enjoy" after reading this thread.
    JimB
    First of all you have to be smarter than the machine.
    VOTING MEMBER

Sounds like almost too much to handle but i'm sure you will. I sure hate to hear about the trailer with all the hard work you already had in it..

Clarification! It was not the Putter Palace! It was an older cargo trailer I was using as storage. I had no 'work' in this trailer. If it were the Putter Palace, I'd really be crying in my beer - and that is a terrible thing to do to perfectly good beer.

And I have finally arrived in Cottonwood. Got in at midnight Monday night. Spent the day shuttling trailers into storage and getting my driver back to the airport in Phoenix. Thirteen hour day and 400 miles driven today. Maybe tomorrow not so much.
    ++++++

Some say the land of milk and honey; others say the land of fruits and nuts. All together my sort of heaven.

Carol Reed

Glad to hear you overcame all the curveballs and got to Cottonwood. I hope you can get some quality relaxation and reflection time soon. Until then (or heck, even after then), know that you've got a boatload of people pulling for you.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

When it rains it pours
    As always, you are in our thoughts.
    Faith, Hope & Charity

Wow, Not the kind of excitement I would have hoped for! Just glad everything seems to be moving in the right direction!
    Programmer - An organism that turns coffee into software.
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of" Ogden Nash

Sideways off into the desert was not my idea of the right direction, Brent! Anyone ever hear of snapping off 10 lugs nuts at one time?
    ++++++

Carol Reed

Well, Carol, you certainly don't deserve all that's happened, but you're strong enough to overcome. Remember, you've got the ultimate Boss!!!
    Bill Arnold
    Citizen of Texas residing in Georgia.
    NRA Life Member and Member of Mensa
    My Weather Underground station