Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Told to go home and do nothing

Told to go home and do nothing

Well, can tell it is deer season again. I can't even climb my deer stands. Right arm went numb about a month ago one night, burnt like fire, fingers and hands numb. Nurse practitioner (regular doc fishing in Alaska) thought it was a pinched nerve and sent me to a spine doctor. She said it was a vascular problem and sent me to another doctor. Today he says it is out of his realm and is sending me pronto to a vascular surgeon or something. With my arm above my head I have no pulse in that arm, very faint pulse with it below my heart. He said, "go home and do nothing, if it hurts, get to the ER yesterday". Been splitting two loads of wood for the past few nights. So I am going to go to school, just won't be helping with fabrication of projects for a while I guess. Anyone ever have this or heard of this? Coagulation or something of some sort. What a bummer again.
    Jon

God and family, the rest is icing on the cake. I'm so far behind, I think I'm in first place!

Host of the 2015 FAMILY WOODWORKING GATHERING

Wow, that is NOT GOOD at all, don't fool with it, having to learn to write with you left hand would suck!
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

Oh boy. Let's hope the next doc can fix you up. I'd be on pins and needles waiting for the appointment. I've had numb hands and fingers after a lot of hard hand work like splitting wood...turned out to be carpal tunnel. I guess that pulse thing makes it a whole nother ball game. Better take it easy for sure until they can figure this out.

Spitting distance north of Detroit Michigan
    Listen to the Doc!!! Lets hope it's just a repetition type injury and nothing worse...Your added to the list of prayers sent
    The perception of perfection is perfectly clear to everyone else

That would make be a bit nervous. Make sure you get into to see that Doc asap.
    Faith, Hope & Charity

Jonathan I would get to the doc asap if you can. YOu remind me of a friend of mine this past week that broke a bone in his shoulder while coaching highschool football. He is a real good guy but I think donkeys and mules are less stubborn than him. He sent me the Xray and has a broken bone, but thinks physio is going to heal it. Between his wife and I we have done everything we can short of me knocking him out and dragging him into an emergency room. Its one thing to be a tough guy but as we age we have to recognise our physical limits and be prepared to have things looked at.
    You no use to Mom, Pop, Lou, Kids and grandkids if you broken.

Forget the work load and school get to the doc and take it easy till you get it sorted, there is only one of you. Remember you an example to others that look up to you and you don't want to be passing on the incorrect example. Please man get to a doc that can deal with it.
    cheers

I bet doing nothing is near an impossible task for a guy like you, but I sure hope you listen to the Doc and do as he says.
    "We the People ......"

Usually a coag issue won't present like that Jon. Agglutination does though...that can be ugly! Get it fix whatever it is!
    Your Respiratory Therapist wears Combat boots

jonathan,, go get it fixed!!! we stubborn folks are our own worst nightmares...
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!