Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Friday Thread 10/4/2013 - Whazzup?

The Friday Thread 10/4/2013 - Whazzup?

Looks like a busy weekend here in Albuquerque. The Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta starts this weekend, so I'll probably be spending some time on the balloon field with some of my old ballooning friends. (I used to be heavily involved in the sport until I broke my back...can't handle some of the physical aspects of being on a crew these days.) I'll be sure to post some pics once I get them. (The Balloon Fiesta is one of the most photographed events in the world every year. Back in the film camera heyday, Kodak claimed it was second only to the Rose Parade for film sales every year.)

I'm also playing a gig Sunday afternoon at a local pub (4:00 to 7:00 at O'Niell's on Juan Tabo, for any of you who are in the area.) This should be a fun one, since there will be a number of friends and relatives in town for the balloons who will get to see us for the first time.

So...what have you go going this weekend?
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

I began by sleeping in. That's a good start.
    ++++++

Some say the land of milk and honey; others say the land of fruits and nuts. All together my sort of heaven.

Power is not taken. It is given. Who have you given yours to? Hmmmm?

Carol Reed

working on the last of the cutting boards, salvaging the end grain boards, seeing if i have enough to make some wine bottle holders.
    benedictione omnes bene

www.burroviejowoodworking.com

check out my etsy store, buroviejowoodworking

Not sure what's on the plate tonight. Tomorrow morning I have to go help my sister and BIL, they have a guy coming to saw up a bunch of logs for them and asked if I could help stack as they come off the mill. On the way home I need to pickup a couple of pieces of furniture we ordered as well as a new chest freezer. I also got the hardware for the dresser, so need to get the drawer boxes built on Sunday and get things sanded down for finishing. Will need to get some walls patched as well, so may start that tonight.
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

what a miserable day. spent the day on my belly pulling steel staples out of the floor. Most stubborn staples Ive ever experience, had to pry each one out with a screwdriver, then yank them. Unpleasant, but its done, and the windows go in Tuesday.
    Tonight, big celebration, my wifes birthday, Im taking all the kids, bil, sil, nieces, all out to dinner to celebrate.
    Probably go to my favorite Italian, wifes favorite also, some good food, some wine for everyone except me, and then back home as I picked up a cake today from a local pastry shop.(a cake I cannot eat, but let everyone else enjoy)
    Then the weekend gets better, heading up north a bit sunday to meet Sayer and his wife and they are having an outdoor make your own pizza party.
    Will stay up there at a hotel so I can take my wife shopping Monday morning for her birthday.(theres a tremendous outlet center up there)
    pretty full and enjoyable weekend.
    Human Test Dummy

My neice will officially crowned homecoming queen tonight at a HS football game, but strong storms are on the way so not sure it will happen. Happy for her, but I get unexpected shop time if it is raining! Tomorrow the temps are suppose to drop aobut 30 degress from today so I put some firewood in the garage to stay dry so we can have a fire out back and listen to football while sipping something. Sunday will be more shop time, before and after the Packers game, to finish up a bunch of stuff for a show I have next Saturday.

Carol, do it again tomorrow and the next day, and the next day then hit snooze a few more times. You've earned it!
    A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -Henry David Thoreau
    My Website

Working Saturday till 3:00 then off to a grand daughters 1st birthday party.
    Sunday church, shop time and Sunday dinner. Will probably sneak a little football watching from time to time.
    Faith, Hope & Charity

At the moment, my weekend plans involve sleeping past 6am tomorrow, (hopefully)... then some quality time in the shop... cutting boards, ship's ladder, etc...pics when I make some progress tomorrow.
    -Ned

Quote Originally Posted by Ned Bulken View Post
    At the moment, my weekend plans involve sleeping past 6am tomorrow, (hopefully)... then some quality time in the shop... cutting boards, ship's ladder, etc...pics when I make some progress tomorrow.

Good for you to get some down time off the job !!

I saw a ladder like you want to make in the Rockler catalog the other day.
    Faith, Hope & Charity

I am in Fort McMurray Alberta visiting my son my daughter in law and my brand new grandson Angus. I am four thousand kilometers from home and there will be NO woodworking this weekend.
    Cheers,
    Roger

The other member of Mensa, but not the NRA

Everyone is a self-made person.

"The thing about quotes on the internet is that you cannot confirm their veracity" -Abraham Lincoln