The Friday Thread 10/4/2013 - Whazzup?

Boys are coming, get to meet and hold new grandson, Jonathan Lee Northcutt. Boys are going to put the bale spears on the tractor for me, I'll drive and load the bales in the feeder but they are going to open gates and cut plastic and twine off of the bales for me. Then we are going to move up a pair of wagons full of split wood to the OWB. Then, we might go over and see Bill, look over some guns, see what he has been up to and then home. Otherwise, doing nothing.

Boys are coming, get to meet and hold new grandson, Jonathan Lee Northcutt. Boys are going to put the bale spears on the tractor for me, I'll drive and load the bales in the feeder but they are going to open gates and cut plastic and twine off of the bales for me. Then we are going to move up a pair of wagons full of split wood to the OWB. Then, we might go over and see Bill, look over some guns, see what he has been up to and then home. Otherwise, doing nothing.

IM glad to see you finally listened to the doctors advice and taking it easy.

Studying...but I did a stopper making class today at church...and donated my 1014 on a limited basis to the church. The big one is all set up for everything and the little one hasn't fired up since February? Finished a couple study guides today and hit a yard sale at a good friends place...big no-no when the wife says "Oh this is so cute!!". I finally said it's time for fun so we are headed to Monterey in the morning, little chowder and a little Phil's in the afternoon, this place is right on the beach...pretty much grew up at the old location. When we came back from Haiti, Stacey picked my up from San Jose. We had to go right by there on the way home. I was still in uniform and looked like crap. After Phil asked what I did for a living, the dinner was on the house and we got a standing O to our table...that still brings tears. Anyway...no uniform tomorrow, just a day outa here!!!!

drove a couple of hours yesterday, visited Sayer and his lovely wife Karen.

2 of the nicest people elen and I have ever met.
(met his daughter and the cutest granddaughter)

and ofcourse, we met his pony, abby. Shes really not a pony, shes just as big as one, a real gentle giant.(great dane, whos head is easily above the dining table when shes on all fours, biggest dog Ive ever seen, only thing missing was a saddle)

Sayer has a outdoor pizza oven he built in his yard(I should say on his property, because I have a yard, he has a huge piece of property)
We all made some pizzas and had a blast.
Sayer and Karen and me and the doggie, aka, abby.(Im the one in the salmon colored shirt, for the wise guys here) The dog is intimidating, cant tell by the picture, but when you walk into the house and something that big greets you, wow, but friendly and sweet.
Looking forward to hanging out with them again in the future.

(I also want to mention, sayer is an excellent woodworker, saw some of his work)

Attachments

• sayer.jpg
    sayer.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 31
  • abby.jpg
    abby.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Great day with great people! Weather was not great but we made do. My granddaughter thought santa was here. The gifts Allen and Elen brought, not to mention the pastries, were unreal. Will be putting on a few pounds for sure. Cant wait to hook up again! Thanks Allen and Elen for spending the day with us, your welcome at our house anytime.

Made a couple of trips to the balloon field. I'll post more pics once i process them, but here's a quick one from my phone. This balloon was new this year...

Hummingbird%20Balloon%20Cropped.jpg

Sunday I got my hands on a pass into the VIP Sponsor area, where we (my sis and her cousin-in-law) were treated to free food and drinks, and prime seats for watching all the balloons. (We were downwind of the field, to they all flew overhead.) The Mayor and his family were sitting at the next table. He and his wife know my sister - he's my brother-in-law's immediate boss. It was nice to meet him. He's a very personable guy, and I had a great chat with his mom. :)