Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Like I need another hole in my head!

Like I need another hole in my head!

With nothing to do, I have been critically reading the craigslist lists! Look what I found! http://fortwayne.craigslist.org/grd/4071565953.html
    I offered to trade him a 1/4 of a beef he pays the processing. He claims he needs the cash for a knee replacement. I told him based on what I learn next Thursday, I will let him know if he has a standing offer of $500.00 for the pair. A four up plowing could be a reality. Anyone want to buy a nice mule? Or a nice Hackney mare? Or a buckskin gelding or an appaloosa gelding?
    Jon

God and family, the rest is icing on the cake. I'm so far behind, I think I'm in first place!

Host of the 2015 FAMILY WOODWORKING GATHERING

he mentioned registering them, do you have to register all of your livestock or just horses?
    Human Test Dummy

Quote Originally Posted by allen levine View Post
    he mentioned registering them, do you have to register all of your livestock or just horses?
    What he is stating Allen is they are not registered. Which means they are like a heinz 57 dog (a mutt). In some circles, registration papers makes an animal more valuable. For me, like my friends, I don't care their heritage, color of skin or religion. My horses, as long as they are honest in their behaviors and work ethic, they stay around here. My Fjords are registered mares, I did not change them into my name. They will die on this place unless I die first then it is up to my family to decide what to do with them. If I am told Thursday they can fix my problem or it isn't the big deal the other doctor says it is, I can find homes for a couple of my horses and would take a chance on them to increase my farming capabilities next year. (kind of like having duals for a tractor or a spare tire for your car) If I host a family gathering on my farm next year, not saying all of you weigh a lot, but,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, having another capable team would be handy!
    Jon

God and family, the rest is icing on the cake. I'm so far behind, I think I'm in first place!

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Shively View Post
    . Anyone want to buy a nice mule? Or a nice Hackney mare? Or a buckskin gelding or an appaloosa gelding?
    Absolutely not. As Myrna's Brother used to say, "Nothing that eats."

However, I really do hope you can find someone and get all of your trades made to your satisfaction and benefit. The very best of luck to you.

Enjoy,
    JimB
    First of all you have to be smarter than the machine.
    VOTING MEMBER

Drill the hole in your head.
    It could be worse You could be on fire.
    Stupid hurts.

It's not a matter of "need", and the price is hard to believe. If they're sound and well-mannered, why not?

Re: Like I need another hole in my head!

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Shively View Post
    horses and would take a chance on them to increase my farming capabilities next year. (kind of like having duals for a tractor or a spare tire for your car) If I host a family gathering on my farm next year, not saying all of you weigh a lot, but,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, having another capable team would be handy!

Did Jonathan just offer to host a gathering next year?
    Programmer - An organism that turns coffee into software.
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of" Ogden Nash

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Dowell View Post
    Did Jonathan just offer to host a gathering next year?
    I'm sure I heard him say that.
    Debbie and I would consider it. I don't think it's any further than Delton MI, and I'd love to drive that team!

I'm not a big horse fan but I have always wanted a Haflinger team I think they are about the nicest looken horse's around. But the reality is I got burned out on horses when I was younger. Grandpa made me ride and break the Shetlands for team horses and I got to hatting horses those things were just plane trouble.
    A Turn N Time
    Components for John Smith Organs and the Hobby Organ Builder

Frog Pond Guitars

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Caughron View Post
    I'm not a big horse fan but I have always wanted a Haflinger team I think they are about the nicest looken horse's around. But the reality is I got burned out on horses when I was younger. Grandpa made me ride and break the Shetlands for team horses and I got to hatting horses those things were just plane trouble.
    Yeah but my dad made me into a pretty good bronc rider breaking ponies for him to sell!!!
    Jon