It's Friday! - 10/11/2013 Edition

Darren Wright

Administrator
Staff member
TGIF!!! Been a long week for me, ready for the weekend. Tonight we're having dinner with our future daughter-in-law and her parents. Our son was supposed to be here too, but his deployment was extended until later this year, so she came home anyway. Tomorrow my family is celebrating Christmas. My parents usually leave about this time for Arizona, so before they go, they take us all out for Christmas dinner. Sunday I'm planning get the sealer and a coat or two on the dresser project, hopefully be able to get it installed next week. Probably will cut down the top for it as well.

What's everyone else got going?

The long, long ride home from the Far Side of the World, then winding down and resting up. Thanksgiving dinner. Probably some recreational "woodworking" in the form of 5-6 cords of firewood into the basement. Otherwise, pretty quiet:D

Winding down on completion of the BS jewelry box with the LOML picking out the color she wants it painted, plus picking up some adhesive-backed velvet at the local rockers store to line the drawers; her selection there too!

Blowing out the irrigation system for some neighbors Saturday am.

Shopping & misc. errands. A quiet weekend"!

Friday: Finally getting back to working on the platform bed and nightstand for our guest room. I'm also milling some mahogany for a smaller project, a cremation urn for our neighbor.

Saturday: Some of the same during the morning hours, then chill out for a while to prepare for the Charlotte race.

Sunday: Sleep in a while - brunch - do as little as possible, for a change.

Shop time, shop time, happy-happy shop time. Christmas gifts and continued planning for my next "keeper" jammed in between a couple current builds. I always expect to get more done than I do but, am usually happy with how much I accomplish :huh:.

Not even sure. Mostly just some cleanup work around some outside projects, and maybe a little shop cleanup.

Playing a gig tonight from 8:00 to 11:30 at one of our regular haunts (The Dragonhorn Tavern).

If I get to bed early enough (or just stay up all night), I'm hoping to hit the Saturday morning Mass Ascension for the last weekend of the Balloon Fiesta. (Have to leave the house at about 4:30 to 5:00 AM to beat the traffic and get there on time.) There's also a concert at the Balloon Park Saturday afternoon that I might try to attend. Darius Rucker is the headliner and I've got several friends playing as opening acts.

I've got Monday off for Columbus Day, so I'm thinking about squeezing in one more overnight camping trip for the year on Sunday. I'll have to wait and see what the weather's doing before I commit to that, though.

Have the neice and nephew spending the night tonight, then tomorrow I have a show I'm doing 12-5pm. Shoudl be fun, it's inside a local brewery! Sunday will be some cleanup outside around the house, Packer's game and relaxing.

I have been in Denver all week on business. Flying home early tomorrow, just in time to work on home chores. Install more shoe molding and building the bases for the wife's hobby room base cabinets.

Sorry, late to the party. Spent the day driving over to San Diego. Going to my turning club meeting tomorrow and Sunday I am taking a turning class. Well, sort of turning. More later. In between, spending time with really great friends and chilling. Monday, a bit of goofing around here and heading back to Arizona on Tuesday. Still looking for another trailer to replace the trashed one from last week. Have to get back to Kingman and get that thing emptied.

Meeting up with an East Coast friend in Las Vegas for four days. Her MIL lives there and I'll help her tear up the town the first half of the week (read, use it as an excuse to sleep in everday instead of doing werky-werk) :rofl:

I'm sure some Mandalay Bay pool time and general walking our legs off up and down the strip...

Hopefully that will give Brent some quality wood working and yard time :thumb:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1381599767.782032.jpg
Decided since it is such a nice day, and not raining, that I would fill in the low spot just shy if the shop. Our neighbors had the town install new drainage recently, and I got a couple of buckets worth of fill. Moving it the hard way shovel full by shovel full.

Ned