Upgrade or not...IOS 6 to IOS 7

Ned Bulken

I have an iPhone 4S which of course has IOS 6 on it... Apple recently released IOS 7... and I'd been avoiding the upgrade. Yesterday the LOML's basic phone went swimming... and died. Well I found out it went swimming yesterday... it actually got wet last weekend. Off to the cell store we went, and with quite a bit of not to gentle persuasion by the salesdroid, we left with a snazzy new 'Free' 4S for her. Hers of course has IOS7 on it. I've been slowly teaching her how to use the phone, texting, calling and just the basics of moving/using apps etc. It is fun to watch her discover new things on the dreaded Smartphone that she's resisted for so long!

I have ios6 on my 4S and on my iTouch; and my iTouch can't accept the new IOS (older model), and currently I use it solely to watch downloaded content from my Tivo in those few free moments between dispatches at work. (32Gig, so I can store a fair number of shows). I'm happy with ios6 on my phone, but I'm slowly warming up to IOS 7.

Has anyone here made the upgrade, do you like the new version, or would you prefer that you'd kept IOS 6?

I upgraded to iOS7 as soon as it came out - love it. I store all my apps in folders and 7 has no limit how deep you go with them - 6 allowed only 12 items in a folder. Turning off apps is easier and I like the new graphics, though some other folks don't. I'm on the fence with the calendar, but the other apps that come with the system are all fine. For the record, and because you asked, I like it!

I upgraded my work phone the day after it was released. It's a iPhone 4 and have noticed that it's has small pauses in places that it didn't used to. I don't mind the new features, but was fine with the old version. I've held off updating my wife's 4S as she's moving to a Samsung Galaxy S4 this week, which is the same phone I have. I'll update the 4S and give it to my daughter since she's a little more tech savvy than my wife.