Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Putter Palace's little brother

The Putter Palace's little brother

Or, every shop needs a garage. I have located another 24' trailer to replace the lost one in Kingman and the original 16' shop trailer and the motorcycle trailer. On my way back from California tomorrow I will be stopping in Surprise and I sure hope this is the one.

Keep yer fingers crossed. I need this job DONE! And the rolling stock will be down by a net of two.
    ++++++

Some say the land of milk and honey; others say the land of fruits and nuts. All together my sort of heaven.

Power is not taken. It is given. Who have you given yours to? Hmmmm?

Carol Reed

Good luck!
    Programmer - An organism that turns coffee into software.
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of" Ogden Nash

Re: The Putter Palace's little brother

Carol my question is given cost, is there no chance of just repairing the trailer that lost its wheels? Sounds naive but i noted a local HF kinda store here that predominantly sells auto tools also sells all trailer parts such as axles wheels electric brakes etc. Just thinking on your pocket.

Something you also making me acutely aware seems to be the idea that one can live full time in a MH only works if one has no interests and hence no stuff needing to follow one around. I can see now why all the storage places all over the show in North America.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2
    cheers

Good luck on the trailer.

Rob, I'm amazed myself at how many storage places we have here. Though when I sold my last house we had to get 3 very large ones and a pod for all of our stuff, so was thankful for that. As far as the RV life and giving up interests, believe me, it hasn't stopped my Dad. I'm amazed at some of the ideas he comes up with for storing his hobbies.
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word boo. Robert Brault

Quote Originally Posted by Darren Wright View Post
    Good luck on the trailer.

Rob, I'm amazed myself at how many storage places we have here. Though when I sold my last house we had to get 3 very large ones and a pod for all of our stuff, so was thankful for that. As far as the RV life and giving up interests, believe me, it hasn't stopped my Dad. I'm amazed at some of the ideas he comes up with for storing his hobbies.
    We see lots of obviously full-timers up here in the summer, many from the US southwest. Some of them tow big enclosed trailers (colour-coordinated, of course) that are as tall as the MH itself. Obviously there's a car on board, but I'm often curious about the extra height and how it's configured inside. Room for those hobbies I suppose, Darren?

Hope your search is successful Carol

It was. Found another 24 footer, not as tall and a bit beat up, but sturdy and tows well. Get to pick it up on Thursday and then off to Kingman to retrieve the 'stuff.'

@Rob: Don't think I have given up any interests. The biggest issue thus far is finding a place to park them! But I am thinning the herd. The broken one had too much damage to make repairing it a fiscally responsible decision. Those parts add up! The trailer I just bought will replace three trailers in due time, i.e., by the end of the year, I hope.
    ++++++

Some say the land of milk and honey; others say the land of fruits and nuts. All together my sort of heaven.

Carol Reed

What about repacking the bearings before the trip???
    "Forget the flat stuff slap something on the spinny thing and lets go, we're burning daylight" Bart Leetch
    "If it ain't round you may be a knuckle dragger""Turners drag their nuckles too, they just do it at a higher RPM"Bart

Quote Originally Posted by Bart Leetch View Post
    What about repacking the bearings before the trip???
    Yeah. That, and also making sure the lug nuts are properly tightened.
    Jim D.
    Adapt, Improvise, Overcome!

Thanks, guys. Both of those things were done on the dead trailer before we left. So, we will have a redo. That trailer was quite old - 1983. Who knows what it went through before I got it! The replacement is a 2001. Obviously we did not see anything suspicious when we serviced it before the trip. I have an idea and it may be more of a design flaw. The ground for the brekes was not supplied by a wire to the front of the trailer. Who knows where the ground was sourced! Theory is that the brake circuit on that side was compromised and the brakes went on unexpectedly. Locked up that side and the wheels left the trailer at speed. That's my 2 cents worth.
    ++++++

Carol Reed

Guys, think of what Carol is doing less as 'full timing' in the traditional sense, and more as 'mobile housing'. Taken in those lights, a second 'garage' trailer makes sense. And as Carol points out, thinning the herd also makes sense. That being said, most of the full timers on the Escapees forums don't move frequently, they migrate from point to point on occasion, but generally do stay in one area awhile once they find a spot they like.
    -Ned