"It's in the Bag"

I think that is the question we are all trying to get to on everything we build.

When someone looks at something I did and asks "How did you do that?" I am satisfied.

I often answer - if it was easy everyone would/could do it.

When we do what we love it shows in the finial product. And if I like it that's all that matters to me. But I love to share with others I only wish that we could all be back at a place like Larrys to meet eye to eye and talk about what we do. We are a dieing bread .

dave i also was intrigued by your walnut stock, and i have seen some nice stocks in my days.. all this talk of a another gathering at my place is getting me worried:) dont know if my area could handle another dose of spinny machines:) unless we had a blonde haired old hippy running one of them:)

Well, Burning Wood taught me to never say never, but with my current situation, a trip to Michigan sure doesn't look very doable for the foreseeable future. ;)

After taking guitar lessons for a month and a half, I have discovered that superior nose picking skills do not necessarily translate to guitar picking!!

I can play the 1812 Overture on my teeth with a guitar pick. So at least I have that going for me. :D

Man its unfair that one person has so much talent. lol.

Dave when i think of you, i think of what the gov in UK did during WW2.
They recognised that if artists were sent to battle same way rest of people then possibility existed that after the war there would be a society missing artists.
So many artists were exempt from service. Then recognising that during wartime, especially in the UK given situation with rationing etc, few would be purchasing art they actually provided money and commissioned artists to capture the war era at home. Artists were free to choose their own subjects. So pictures emerged of things such as a farm scene with a dogfight or bomber crashed in it.

When i first read this part of the wartime history, I honesty was amazed. My thoughts were, heck is that a priority when survival is at stake.
However when one views inate talent that you obviously have and in such abundance, i have totally come to agree with the strategy.
Consider that given the sheer numbers of people lost during WW1 and WW2 imagine the loss if this probably miniscule effort had not taken place.

Your skill to capture something is amazing. I sincerely hope your exhibition gets the recognition it deserves.

This pic is another top pic I put this up there with the racoon. What you see in detail like the gun stock is educating. Your power of observation amazing. Keep at it, you make the world a better place with your art.
Would be pretty baron and boring if computers and digitally created images became standard fare. Oh the horror of that potential event. Something like techno music. :) brrr getting a cold chill even thinking about it. lol.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks Rob. My 3 son's can all draw much better then me and I can not get over that they have no desire to explore their talent. With out any schooling they just saw what I did when they were young and it amazed me that not just one of them but all 3.

Well "In the Bag" is in the bag. The finial is posted next to the last pic. You can see the subtle changes made. I had a lot of fun with this lil lady. Thanks for all the comments everyone.

Truly unbelievable! Amazing talent indeed! So lifelike! Even the checkering & stitching is so real. Simply amazing!

Last edited: