Recycled Wood and Wood Storage

Paul Douglass

I have been instructed to finish the unfinished part on my basement. That means some plumbing, wiring, framing and sheet rocking. This ought to be interesting, haven't done much of that for a long time. Anyway, I've been building frame work around the furnace duct work so I can sheet rock around it. To finish the framing, yesterday I had to tear our an old cabinet to get to the end of the duct-work. The cabinet was made of 3/4" plywood. I though, as I was dismantling it, what can I do with this old plywood? Well, I decided to make another cabinet. This time for my shop to store wood in. Been wanting to do this for a long time. Not fancy, but functional. Plus it gave me a couple more square feet in my little shop and I see wood I have forgotten I had. Made from completely recycled wood, only cost me some screws. Haven't finished filling it up yet, but I'm already happy with it.

IMG_1806.JPG

Last edited:
Isn't it cool getting something you can really use, and it's free, to boot? :thumb: Looks like a very handy little cabinet.

Well at least now it will be easier to see what short pieces I have. I use to dig though that box you see in the picture. It was overflowing and spilling on the floor. It is now gone. Found pieces in the bottom that I have no clue why I kept them. I just hate to throw away wood I guess.