A Little Something for the New Mexico Folks

Vaughn McMillan

Administrator
Staff member
As most of you likely know, I write software documentation for a living. I often have to include screen shots from our products. However, we have a policy that disallows me from publishing sensitive information about things like our network, so any screen shots I get from my computer at work have to be "doctored" to remove any identifiable computer or domain names. I thought you all might get a kick out of one I did yesterday while working on a French version of one of our products:

Tree View - Help.JPG

In the past I've use things like guitar names, Star Wars names, or similar things. I figured NM place names would fit the bill, too. :wave:

Here's another one with another sequence of recognizable names ;):

Detail View Cropped and Tweaked LR.jpg

So Vaughn, do you parlez vou or do you fake it like most of us?
Nah, I'm barely capable of handling English. ;) Actually, I can understand written French better than spoken, but I'm a long way from being fluent. I do know just enough Spanish to get into a fight. :D

In the case of our products, I write the English stuff (for the on-screen text and the user documentation like manuals and help files), then we get it translated by a company that specialized is software translations. When we get the text back from the translators, I reassemble the user docs in the new languages, and someone else assembles the on-screen text.

I'm currently working on docs in German, French, Italian, Spanish, Japanese, and Traditional and Simplified Chinese. And it's all Greek to me. :p

Nice...but always the South part of NM gets ignored once again.
Hey, I used Hatch for the "H" name...that's about as far south as Hobbs. :p I wanted to use the really recognizable places, like Fairview, Datil and Logan, and they're all north of you. :rofl: