Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Friday once again

Outside the beltway

Friday once again

This afternoon I'm getting a weekend with my oldest son Jon. Heading down to Va for a hunt on the farm.
    I dream a lot. I do more painting when I'm not painting. It's in the subconscious.
    ::: Andrew Wyeth :::

Kansas City, Missouri
    Planning on finishing the painting around the dresser built-in, then have a halloween party. Will be closing the pool this weekend. May start some of the demo on the basement and investigating the wiring situation of the wall I plan to open up.

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

ABQ NM
    Saturday morning I'm headed out to the shooting range for a tactical shooting instruction/practice session. It's being taught by an old friend who's a self-defense/firearms instructor (among other things). I hadn't seen him in a couple of decades, but we ran into each other recently and he invited me to attend his monthly training session. Should be fun. I used to be his "bad guy" in the "Self-defense for Ladies" classes he used to teach. He's a lot smaller than me, but he could fling me around like a rag doll.

The rest of the weekend looks like it'll be pretty unremarkable, although I never know what might come up.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

DSM, IA
    Meeting up with some friends for a few cold ones before they go to a Rascal Flatts show. The wife and I will retire to the firepit at our house when they head to the concert. Saturday and Sunday are wide open at this point, but I do have some stuff to work on in the shop.
    A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -Henry David Thoreau
    My Website

Amherst, New Hampshire
    Grand daughter Abby's last soccer game in the morning then off to look at a couple of non tool CL finds. Sat night the wife is baby sitting at one of my daughters house so I'll be a bachelor. Sunday is Church and shop time
    Faith, Hope & Charity

Thomasville, GA
    LOML and I returned home this afternoon from a trip to the Birmingham, AL area visit her mother. It's only a five-hour drive one way, so it's an easy trip but we're sure glad to be back home!

Saturday should include plenty of shop time to work on two cremation urns as well as sanding and sealing on panels for a nightstand for our guest room.

Sunday is planned as a total chill-out day.
    Bill Arnold
    Citizen of Texas residing in Georgia.
    NRA Life Member
    Member of Mensa
    Live every day like it's your last, but don't forget to stop and smell the roses.

The Gorge Area, Oregon
    Painting one side of the house (the small side ) and general pre-winter cleanup, might touch up some trim on the other sides.

Reno NV
    Liftin and totin and organizing the storage in the shipping container we've got.

Perfect weather for it.
    Programmer - An organism that turns coffee into software.
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of" Ogden Nash

Escondido, CA
    The Friday monster jaunt to Kingman and back is complete. 5 AM to 8 PM. Saturday is veg day. I am bushed. Sunday is church and nap.

Some say the land of milk and honey; others say the land of fruits and nuts. All together my sort of heaven.

Power is not taken. It is given. Who have you given yours to? Hmmmm?

Carol Reed

North of Reno, NV...middle of the desert
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent Dowell View Post
    Liftin and totin and organizing the storage in the shipping container we've got.
    Supervising and starting to get the house ready for in-laws next weekend. Last 2 days of our Indian summer before real autumn sets in. Hopefully will spend most of it outside in shorts doing organizing and yard work before the snow starts falling Monday night.