Thread: Buy Spare Belt for Jet 1642

Buy Spare Belt for Jet 1642

I want to buy a spare belt for my jet 1642. Do I need to buy it at Jet or are there other places just as good? It would be a bonus if I could get it at place where I could get other items like centers , turning tools etc if I find some items I may want so as to save on shipping.

Does the 1 1/2Hp and the 2 Hp require different belts? If anyone has the 1 1/2 hp one do you have the item # ? Thanks !!
    Last edited by Mike Turner; 10-25-2013 at 09:31 PM.

These guys are recommended by a lot of folks:

http://www.ereplacementparts.com/

They only sell replacement parts, so I don't think you'll be able to add tools and accessories to your order, but I also don't think the tool and accessory sellers (like Craft Supplies USA or Packard Woodworks) sells replacement belts.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

Yep Ive bought chainsaw parts from them.

Mike. let me tell you what happened when I needed a new belt for my Nova 3000. Woodcraft wanted $20 for it, plus shipping and whatever else they could add on. I tried a couple of different approaches. There was a belt manufacturer # on the belt. I searched that and learned who made the belt, and it's technical description (6 rib J series). With the description, I then searched for alternatives and found this place. The link goes to the page ,my belt was on. Turned out they had the exact belt for my lathe for $8, 2 for $15. BTW, in their description of my belt, they called out it fit the Nova 3000. Better yet, I was able to get the same belt, but 1" longer (allowed easier belt changes). Anyway, you might try that approach, or maybe just give them a call....they might be able to cross reference it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Turner View Post
    I want to buy a spare belt for my jet 1642. Do I need to buy it at Jet or are there other places just as good? It would be a bonus if I could get it at place where I could get other items like centers , turning tools etc if I find some items I may want so as to save on shipping.

Does the 1 1/2Hp and the 2 Hp require different belts? If anyone has the 1 1/2 hp one do you have the item # ? Thanks !!
    Mike,
    If you have the number on the belt, I buy all my belts from The Belt Store in Lafayette, LA.... You'll have to call them as they don't have order capabilities on their website... PH 337-235-9736 -- talk to Sylvia, but the other young lady is also knowlegeable.

I usually buy two at a time for my Jet 1442... Price is about $7 plus $2 or $3 for shipping and they will ship same day or very next... If you buy from Jet you'll get the same belt and pay 3x as much. I love my Jet, and they have been extremely helpful and generous with parts when I was under warranty, but now that I'm out of warranty, sometimes replacement parts are very pricy compared to other sources.
    Chuck
    Tellico Plains, TN
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/TellicoTurnings
    My parents taught me to respect my elders, but it's getting harder and harder to find any.
    If you go looking for trouble, it will usually find you.

Since nobody else mentioned it, I'll toss Link Belt on the table. Kinda pricey, but once you use one you'll like it!
    Bill Arnold
    Citizen of Texas residing in Georgia.
    NRA Life Member and Member of Mensa
    My Weather Underground station