Incra TS Fence Owners

Paul Douglass

Got a simple question. Yes I read the manual but didn't see anything mentioned about it. Working on my basement I find I need to take off and put back on my fence quite often between cross cuts and ripping. On each end of the fence are hold down clamps to keep the fence from lifting when ripping. To remove the fence you need to loosen those clamps enough so you can slide the clampy hooky over so it doesn't hook in the rail and you can lift the fence. The one at the front of the saw has a knob to turn to loosen it. The back one you have to use an allen wrench. If I have to loosen that back one with an allen wrench and then re-tighten each time, I'm not going to be happy with this fence. What do you do? I'm thinking I can just leave it loose and unhooked. I'm also thinking I will put a knob on that end also. I don't know why Incra didn't. Must be a reason.

I leave both the front and the back clamp hooky things undone unless I'm cutting something big and heavy (like a sheet of plywood) that might hit the fence hard enough to tweak it. And even then, I usually only do the front one, because the rear one is more of a hassle. Even with them undone, my fence does not flex or move once the jig part is locked down.

Maybe I set mine up wrong, but I have both hooks turned the same direction. When I need to remove the carriage, there's enough movement to clear the hooks and lift the fence/carriage off the saw.

I leave both the front and the back clamp hooky things undone unless I'm cutting something big and heavy (like a sheet of plywood) that might hit the fence hard enough to tweak it. And even then, I usually only do the front one, because the rear one is more of a hassle. Even with them undone, my fence does not flex or move once the jig part is locked down.

Exactly what I do and have no problems. I love the repeatability and accuracy of this fence system.

Maybe I set mine up wrong, but I have both hooks turned the same direction. When I need to remove the carriage, there's enough movement to clear the hooks and lift the fence/carriage off the saw.

It shows in the instructions that they are both the same direction so your setup is correct. It the instructions read like the front on is only tightened securely when you rip bigger panels like plywood. Maybe I over worry this thing. It is definitely accurate.

Thanks for the replies.

Step 5. In the ts manual it states: to adjust rear hook to allow fence to lift no more than 1/32 inch. Rear hook is not tightened. It is set it and forget it for me. Best fence ever. I have even used the dial to shave off a few thousandths. Try that with the rest of the measure measure loosen bump tighten (and repeat) fences!

Last edited: