probably the last items out of the shop before winter shutdown

Dan Noren

Staff member
these may be the last items out of the shop before the winter shutdown. 3 more endgrain cutting boards of hickory, jatoba, and walnut. plus, three more of the jerusalem cross advent candle holders. i still have to sand, round over the edges, and oil the boards, and just waiting on the right sized brass grommets to press fit in the holes of the candle holders.

also, i did a quick inventory of what got made this year. 18 cutting boards (1 for the fair, 3 bulging, 4 taper, 8 end grain, 2 chevron, and 1 for my sister), 3 of the new type of wine bottle holders, the insert for my nephew, and the bookcase insert for the landlord's place up north.

Attachments

• 700 first board in clamps.jpg
    700 first board in clamps.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 41
  • 710 second board in clamps.jpg
    710 second board in clamps.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 42
  • 720 third board waiting for clamps.jpg
    720 third board waiting for clamps.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 40
  • 730 all advent candle holders oiled.jpg
    730 all advent candle holders oiled.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 59
Nice board and "hot puttie on thingies" trivets, is that what they are called? Feel sorry for you having to close down for the Winter That is when I get the most time in the shop, to cold to go outside.

Nice boards Dan. You got quiet a bit done this year. How are sales going on your site? Have you really reached the stage where you have to pack in working due to weather already. ? Was cold here but i managed to be outside if i dressed for it and wore a toque.

here are the finished boards.

Attachments

• 800 finished board a.jpg
    800 finished board a.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 13
  • 810 finished board b.jpg
    810 finished board b.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 12
  • 820 finished board c.jpg
    820 finished board c.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 13
the advent candle holders were finished today. got the grommets yesterday.

Attachments

• jer cross finished.jpg
    jer cross finished.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 14
  • jer cross finished with candles.jpg
    jer cross finished with candles.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 15
I really like your pattern on the cutting boards. The use of the square with the 2 squares long is very effective. It gives a bit of the checkerboard effect without the visual stress of the checkerboard. It is amazing how much softer that pattern is to the human eye and brain (says the old goat whose brains have already leaked out).

***** That is the 5 stars you earned.

Enjoy,
JimB