Thread: Going over the top

Going over the top

I got to thinking about this job I'm doing right now. It's a very large coffee table for a high end customer. I got to thinking that a guitar type finish on it would bring me some good work. I'll post some picks when it done.
    I dream a lot. I do more painting when I'm not painting. It's in the subconscious.
    ::: Andrew Wyeth :::
    colonialrestorationstudio.com

Let me get this straight...you have a high end client that wants a sparkly purple coffee table???

Naaa, just a clear satin finish over cherry. What are you nuts LOL But it would be cool.
    I dream a lot. I do more painting when I'm not painting. It's in the subconscious.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Calver View Post
    Let me get this straight...you have a high end client that wants a sparkly purple coffee table???
    No silly, this is a high-end client. They'll want the table in sparkly black, not purple.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn McMillan View Post
    No silly, this is a high-end client. They'll want the table in sparkly black, not purple.
    Point of order! If it's sparkly black, it's gotta have two wheels and a Harley badge....maybe a cup holder though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Calver View Post
    Point of order! If it's sparkly black, it's gotta have two wheels and a Harley badge....maybe a cup holder though.
    I suspect Dave was using my guitar for practice before he starts taking on motorcycle paint jobs. Based on the evidence I've seen, he should have no trouble selling them.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn McMillan View Post
    I suspect Dave was using my guitar for practice before he starts taking on motorcycle paint jobs. Based on the evidence I've seen, he should have no trouble selling them.
    Youi got that right Vaughn. I have a bike to do now. Just waiting for all the parts to be dropped off.

The coffee table is Cherry with a polished finished . Sanded down to 2000 gt. Tomorrow will buff out. Clients friend will sit around the table and admire the finish and more work will be coming my way. I Hope. LOL I kind of went over the top with this and a few extra hrs not in the estimate.