i-Box Dust Collection

glenn bradley

Looks silly but, works remarkably well :)

IBOX-DC.jpg

Just as with your miter gauge and fence, it is recommended that you NOT saw into the vacuum attachment ;-) I put a felt pen mark on the table that reminds me where to stop.

Last edited:
@Glenn: willing to demonstrate in person? I plan to be in SoCal in a couple of weeks for a few days. I have the jig. Have not yet used it. Would love a jump start.

Looks silly but, works remarkably well Just as with your miter gauge and fence, it is recommended that you NOT saw into the vacuum attachment ;-) I put a felt pen mark on the table that reminds me where to stop.

Great idea. :thumb:

@Glenn: willing to demonstrate in person? I plan to be in SoCal in a couple of weeks for a few days. I have the jig. Have not yet used it. Would love a jump start.

Sounds like a great opportunity for a youtube video. ;) :) :D

It's not in your way ?? :huh:
Maybe a 90 degree elbow would be helpful :dunno:

Pretty cool idea though :thumb:

It is definitely a hack-job and for the pieces I am doing that lay face down, its workable. Some form of formal dust collection for the i-Box would be cool though as it spews stuff through the blade clearance channel. It pretty much has the same challenges as a CMS; over powering the blade's launch speed :D. I'll have to fool with it a bit and if I come up with something that turns out to be truly useful, I'll post a "version 2" ;)

You know you're always welcome to stop by. It would be a pleasure.

Great idea. :thumb:
Sounds like a great opportunity for a youtube video. ;) :) :D

I've only posted a couple of videos and those were at other's sites on request. Although I am a professional geek, I've never really gotten into the YouTube thing much. I'll have to check that out.

I've only posted a couple of videos and those were at other's sites on request. Although I am a professional geek, I've never really gotten into the YouTube thing much. I'll have to check that out.

Youtube actually has a page where you can connect to your webcam on a laptop and record from it, have used it to record presentations at user group meetings. There is the option to add annotations and edit as well once you've recorded, the links are on the right hand side...
https://www.youtube.com/my_videos_upload