It's Friday! - 11/1/2013 Edition

Darren Wright

Administrator
Staff member
Only 53 days until Christmas! Better get busy making those gifts! :D

Looks like my flooring shipment is on hold until the end of this month now. Luckily we're not in a hurry, but I may start on some limited demo this weekend and maybe get the surround sound wiring installed on the living room. Need to build a padded headboard for the bedroom, so may get that knocked out this weekend. Also have some new parts to put on the car we're giving our daughter. Lastly my wife wants to use the electric fireplace from our last apartment in our bedroom, so trying to come up with a design for that.

What's everyone else got going?

Yard work - Tons of leaves down, and a lot of frosted out hostas, day-lilies, spirea, etc. to clean up. Also, training sessions with the new pup. (Pics of pup to follow, later.)

Took Friday off work...woo-hoo, three day weekend!

Tonight we're playing a Dia de Los Muertos (Day of the Dead) party at one of our regular taverns - The Dragonhorn - and Sunday afternoon we're playing at another place down the street, O'Niell's. The Dragonhorn gig will be in costume. I went out to a couple of parties last night as a trial run for my costume and took second place in the costume contest at one of them. :D Although a few of you might have seen a sneak preview on Facebook this morning, I'll post some good blackmail pics of the costume after the gig tonight. ;)

As a side note, I learned earlier this week that a guy my age gets some very interesting reactions from people when trying on ladies undergarments in the aisle at Walmart. :rofl: (I'm a 44C, in case you were wondering.)

Nothing certain. In other years I would have had to participate in All Saints Day today and All Souls Day (Day of the Dead) tomorrow, but because of a personel shortage in our church (no priest at present) we are doing All Saints on Sunday. I think I'm just going to hang around the house looking miserable and let my wife get annoyed with me.

Not too much planned :dunno: Grandson Issac's 8th birthday party Saturday afternoon.

The wife will probably drag me screaming around the grocery store after church on Sunday.
She asked me to make a new stand for the plasma TV in the family room so I'll have to scout around for some Shaker or early American inspired designs.

Friday again! Where does the time go? Either I'm having more fun & don't realize it, or I'm getting older faster.

Was planning on "mowing up" the leaves while mowing the lawn, but managed to complete about 75% when the lawn tractor died. Looks like the starter needs to be replaced. Bummer. So, out with the leaf blower & remove the leaves.

Now for the other side of today. Today was our 44th anniversary & I totally forgot. I've always remember to have a nice card for her next to her bedside when she woke up, but not this time. Totally loss track of the days & blew it. Never forgot before. Oh well, I still managed to get her a nice card before the anniversary day "expired" & will be taking her out to a nice dinner at our favorite local restaurant. Not a total loss, but not the same as if I remembered. Hope this doesn't suggest that Alzheimer's is lurking around the corner.

Trying to get my wife to decide on what she wants for Christmas - better early than late, plus I gotta get her mind off our anniversary!

....As a side note, I learned earlier this week that a guy my age gets some very interesting reactions from people when trying on ladies undergarments in the aisle at Walmart. :rofl: (I'm a 44C, in case you were wondering.)
Nobody ever bothered me, but I prefer Victoria's Secret. If you're gonna cross the line, do it in style:rofl::rofl:

Mostly just unwinding a bit, but getting some outdoor jobs done, some farm work and yard work. It's been a busy month with lots of travelling near and far, so have to re-charge a bit. I have some shop jobs in mind that Larry and I discussed when he was here, to make it more organized and workable, therefore more enjoyable. I see a couple of ideas in Al's shop pics above that I might borrow too:D
Hope you all have a nice weekend:wave:

Last edited:
Friday: Ended up at the eye doctor this afternoon since they had a cancellation. I've had an issue with a streak in my right eye vision since shortly after cataract surgery over a year ago and we've been waiting to see (no pun!) what happens. The doc decided to proceed with a laser procedure today to see what effect there would be. So far, so good! I did get a couple of hours of shop time this morning to work on two cremation urns and the side panels of a night stand.

Saturday: Shop time on the urns and nightstand in the morning. Friends will drop by in the evening for some good camaraderie!

Sunday: What else? Brunch, then chill out to watch the race!!!

nothing planned. nothing at all. I might watch the oil dry on the radiator cover, but theres not much else I care to do this weekend.
Probably catch a lot of college football Saturday and pro ball on sunday.