Mirror frame - DONE!

Darren Wright

Administrator
Staff member
I decided to spend some time on the mirror frame today above the dresser built-in. I found an app called Measure and Sketch for my phone that lets me take pics and make measurement notes on the pictures. It does lack a forward slash "/" for using fractions though.

measure.jpg

I milled out some cherry.
2013-11-03 14.13.09.jpg

A quick test fit to make sure the recesses were fitting, and check with SWMBO'd to get her final approval.
2013-11-03 14.23.43.jpg

Just used some #20 biscuits to join the corners, this was the final finish, just a few coats of rattle can poly.
2013-11-03 19.14.11.jpg2013-11-03 19.14.36.jpg

Last edited:
Looking good, Darren! It's amazing how easy it is to dress up an area like that. Reminds me - I need to get back to a similar frame in our master bath - in between the other household projects!!!

Plain yes, but I think appropriate for the application: it carries the lines of the dresser, the abutting walls & the reflected walls as well. Looks good - i like it Darren - nice job! :thumb:

Thanks all!

Too plain for me. run it through the router and make a few curves in it. ;)

You know, I agree. I was trying to get her to either do a panel design from the top of the mirror to the soffit to mimic the drawer front panels or simply arch the top of the top piece. The boss has got something in mind with replacing the can light with one of those pendant light conversions and says that the mirror details would be too much, so I'm trusting her design eye on this one.

It looks great!

If you like it and your wife likes it, then I'd say "Mission Accomplished" :thumb:

BTW, I downloaded that app you mentioned, looks VERY useful!

Thanks All!

How did you attach it to the wall ?

I simply nailed it with a few 2" 18 gauge brads up each side and two spots in studs on the top and bottom, then puttied the holes. The mirror was pushed out a bit at the bottom and not square to the wall, so hanging it on clips would have been hard to do and I really didn't want screw heads or plugs showing, the brad holes are nearly impossible to see once filled too.