First Christmas Present

Paul Douglass

Will I have already received a Christmas present. I picked it up at the P.O. today. My son called me last week and said he had just received a gift card form Ebay for $50 but it had to be used before the end of October. He wanted to know if there was anything I needed. So I shopped E-bay and came up with some small clamps that I think I will like. I have been wishing lately I had some small ones and almost to the point of trying to cut down some of my big ones. This is what I picked. Merry Christmas to me from my son. I wasn't about to let him get off free, these cost more than $50 for the four of them. But his Dad is worth it!:rofl: So I tell him...

IMG_1844.jpg

I've got a few of those. I use them at the DP and to hold things to the miter gauge or sled fence. There is a short learning curve in allowing clearance for the handle before squeezing but, once you've got it, they are quite handy.

I used the clamps today to hold some stock in place while I put in some screws. Glenn is correct there is a learning curve, but I think I got them figured out after a few attempts. I think I will really like them when gluing up small boxes and such. I know they will work better than the Irwin Quick Clamps I've had to rely on. I like the Quick Clamps for just holding things in place while drilling or something, but to clamp a box that you want to keep square they can be a real hassle for me.

Last edited:
Yeah, me too. I like the Irwins for holding things, but not for a precision glue up. I have a bunch of Irwins and I use them a lot to hold things down, like pocket holing, drilling, stacking 3/4 wood to make turning blanks, etc.

I have not seen those clamps. I didn't even know that Glenn had some. I guess kids just don't tell you everything.

Enjoy,
JimB