Last of the fruit season

Jim Burr

Since we had slim checks for payday, so we canned today...well Stacey did. Fresh peaches in light syrup. Ice cream and pie in our future! My sweetie is getting good at this!
ny4y6eva.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
:thumb::thumb::thumb:....Yum Yum. With things like peaches ending up in cold storage and when on the shelves at the store looking great but cut them and urgh you might as well feed them to pigs. I think this is a fantastic thing to do when the fruit is in season.
My favorite treat is to buy South African canned peaches and apricots. I at least know where the fruit was grown and what kind of water was used to feed the trees. ;)

I have been trying hard to get Linda into doing this but she aint biting. Got her as far as making blueberry jam but that's about it.

Enjoy the fruits of your labor Jim.

We are very fortunate to live in the middle of the Food Belt. We can go just up the road about 1/2 mile and pick off the tree to out hearts content! Next summer is going to be busy in the kitchen!

looks good jim,, just so you know, there vast differences in flavor of peaches and the ripness you get them in differnt kinds.. mom likes red havens, but if they arent ripe they will taste flat..