Too busy to post ... but have completed some things ...

Since completing the 50 band saw boxes, P5160442.JPG, I have been busy making new kitchen cabinet door/drawer fronts,

before shot: P5160439.JPGP5160438.JPG
after shot:PA080366.JPGPA080365.JPG

did the tile back splash, and new micro install as well.

And then the kitchen dining set: PA230359.JPGPA230358.JPG
and if you look close, the chairs don't match. These are the old ones. The new ones are now in the shop and should complete this month.

And I squeezed in a horizontal router table, with adjustable top as well. P1010358.JPGP1010357.JPG

Over all, a fair amount ... always wish for more. Enjoy and thanks for looking.

You, sir have been a busy man. I do have a question. The horizontal router table, I seen pictures on the internet, and I've wondered what is the advantage to a horizontal one. Is it for a specific purpose, like easier to make tenons with or something?

My two sense on this .. fixture the workpiece in position, set up should allow for repeatability of multiple pieces, ie mortising multiple chair legs. Accurately position the router via the raising/lowering mechanism and the sled stop blocks. Use the X-Y motion of the sled to make the mortises, tenons, etc. Have to put in multiple mortises on a single piece? Again, repeatable via the accuracy of the raising/lowering (z-axis) mechanism. Have to make raised panels, can use the smaller diameter bits that have the profile parallel to the axis of the bit and not the large diameter bits where the profile is perpendicular to the axis of the bit. Slide the panel on the table, large flat surface for good control. Hope this helps.

If others have comments, please chime in.

Nice job. I like the little dinning booth.

Makes me think of Breakfast. Sitting there waiting for it be done and drinking coffee. Maybe some Bacon and fried eggs and toast.

It always seems more family freindly to eat in a booth than at a big formal table.

Larry, I don't find chairs all that hard. Maybe because I do spend a fair amount of time in Sketchup making sure all will fit, etc. From there it is the tried and true mortise and tenon (loose ones in my case) to make it all go together. A few templates for the curved pieces. And the thing we (at least me for sure) all do, adjust to fit.

Now, the direct answer to your question .. how long do I have in them ... I do not know and for sure I should do a better job here. I do know from mid-Dec to almost mid-March they went untouched due to work/temps in the garage.

My recommendation .. do one !! And thanks for asking.

Well, it all looks super. And yep, I could use some of your energy also. Makes me ashamed took me 7 months to build a crank organ, to months to build a silly little model car.... That means 2 years to build those chairs for me!