Special urn request

ed sautter

My father was admitted to the hospital Tuesday this week only to find that thing are not going to get better. He has requested to be on comfort care. He will be without dialyses and medication other that pain medication to ease his suffering. His body has given up on him so it a mater of time. He was proud Marine, father and he will be missed by us all.

He will be cremated and then sent home to be by our mother. My special request is this since he is being cremated I was looking for an urn with a marine theme to it. He hasn't long to be with us. I thought I had time to get something since we just made the plans for cremation in august. But not to be. I know this is a odd request but if anyone knows where I can find such an urn please pm me and let me know. I will be grateful.

Rennie builds some beautiful urns. I can see getting one of his and putting the Marine Corps emblem on the front with your father's initials on the top.

yup, rennie does good work. might want to have a talk with pete simmons, he does top end laser engraving, he might be able to do something with the logo and other info.

Sorry about your Father, Ed. It is a rough time in a persons life, saying good-bye to parents. If you have the tools. why not make the urn yourself, might really mean a lot to him. Some would find this difficult or maybe in bad taste, if so I apology, I just know my Father would have thought is was nice. You could have it engraved or get a brass plaque engraved and fasten to it.

Last edited:
Sorry to see the news about your dad, Ed.

I'll throw in another vote for Rennie and Pete, although Paul's suggestion is also a good one. I turned an urn for my mother-in-law, and it was a very introspective project.

Ed,

Please PM me at your convenience. I will do whatever I can to guide you through the decision-making process as to whether to buy or build. My condolences.

It's tough to watch a loved one slip away. I hope you are able to locate an urn that meets your specs. You can't go wrong with what others have suggested. Rennie makes some beautiful urns and I bet you could make a beauty too. Your dads ashes can always take up a temporary residence until you find or make the right urn.