Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Veterans Day

Veterans Day

Veterans Day and I know their are others here who served , I just want to thank you for you service.
    I dream a lot. I do more painting when I'm not painting. It's in the subconscious.
    ::: Andrew Wyeth :::
    colonialrestorationstudio.com

Thank you Dave. I will be at our observance ceremony today, as I always am. My daughter will be with me. The crowd always seems to be getting older and some of the really old timers will not be there. It is a patriotic event but somber in many ways.
    "Folks is funny critters."

Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. ~Voltaire

Call me old fashioned but I confess to missing the days of universal mandatory military service. Not that the all volunteer force is bad, but when everybody has a taste, people become more sympathetic to the rigors of family separation, low pay, dying in far away places etc.. I also always thought the politicians had second and third thoughts about sending kids into harms way when everybody had an oar in the water. Not so much these days. Thanks to all who served and serve. Vietnam vets....Welcome Home!

A BIG THANK YOU to all that have served and are currently serving.
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

I would would like to post for our vets. I found this video very touching and worth a look from all of us.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgYLr_LfhLo

Thanks to all who serve and have served. Your gift to us is priceless and often came/comes at great price.
    ++++++

Some say the land of milk and honey; others say the land of fruits and nuts. All together my sort of heaven.

Power is not taken. It is given. Who have you given yours to? Hmmmm?

Carol Reed

Had my free breakfast and will be getting lunch and dinner later. Stacey usually gets a freebie too!! Thanks to all of you! Oo rah!!
    Your Respiratory Therapist wears Combat boots

Yep, thanks to all of them. And, thanks for the thanks. Ted, I was very skeptical of a volunteer military. Really did not think it would work, but I was wrong. I'm always impress when I go to a military base and see the caliber of people in the military. I salute them. Your points about our politicians are well taken though. I've always felt when they send they need to let the military run the war. The politicians stay out of it. We haven't won a war since they decided they were the ones that should be making the military decisions.
    "We the People ......"

Quote Originally Posted by ed sautter View Post
    I would would like to post for our vets. I found this video very touching and worth a look from all of us.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgYLr_LfhLo
    Try to keep a dry eye.
    I dream a lot. I do more painting when I'm not painting. It's in the subconscious.
    ::: Andrew Wyeth :::
    colonialrestorationstudio.com

Lotsa 'free' breakfasts, dinners, desserts, etc. available here. Personally, I won't take advantage of any of them, because I'm fortunate enough to be able to pay my own way, unlike many of my fellow Vets. I'll leave the 'freebees for them. They certainly deserve them more than me!

USMC, Retired
    22 years, 5 months, 5 days - but who counted?
    Jim D.
    Adapt, Improvise, Overcome!