Google Glasses

Rob Keeble

http://www.google.com/glass/start/what-it-does/

I am just wondering about these and guys either making turning videos or for that matter any demonstration videos where the battle is to see whats on the camcorder screen when light is an issue and see what the user sees, also for those learning something where in this case the item is in front of ones eye so one can be doing and look at it without having to totally turn away.

Right now they still expensive but what do you think of their use in the future? I think I am past the age of being able to adapt to a gadget like this but until some day I get to try them who knows.

Could be huge for instructional purposes is my thought.

There are already dozens of limitations in Ca...some guy was just busted for driving with them on. Can't have them in school, lot's of employers ban them and the most devastating of all...can't have them in strip clubs.

It's just a clumsy detected intermediate step on the way to getting brain implants to do all of that and more.
:whistling:

I'm actually surprised I haven't seen a set or two around the institute. I think for our scientist to use for recording experiments and training they would be useful. If they weren't so expensive they would be great for creating how-to videos in the shop too.

The boyfriend of one of my sister's ballooning friends had a pair here last month during the Balloon Fiesta. (He was part of the Beta program.) He was wearing them full time, so I didn't get a chance to check them out.

loss of license--- according to road signs. now, I just looked on the dmv website, and they have substantial fines, but don't say anything about license revocation.

That makes sense. Rather than have a bunch of people who would just drive without their license and keep wearing them, they have to PAY to wear them :rofl:.

Human nature I guess we always see the bad side of things. I had not even thought of driving with them on, never mind being in a meeting with them on etc.

I was thinking of the guys that make tutorials like say turning tutorials where the guy does not have to mess with the camera to see the tiny screen on the side that is being obscured by the glare from his lighting etc.

Texting while driving in my opinion should carry the same penalty as DUI in my opinion in fact I think its even worse since the person texting is not even trying to look at the road ahead.