New pup

Jim DeLaney

Staff member
Meet Isabelle, AKA "Izzy." She's a four month old Standard Poodle. We've had her for about a week, and she's really livened thing up around here. She currently has two speeds - 'Mischief' and 'Sleep.'

DSCN1004a.jpgDSCN1006a.jpgDSCN1016a.jpg Her first haircut happens tomorrow. I sorta pity the groomer...:eek:

Shana's learning to like her - after a confrontation or two. DSCN1007.jpg

Congratulations, great pick. You got yourself a real dandy there. I have been looking at them just because I know we will get another dog down the road. They are considered one of the most intelligent, don't shed, and normally very healthy. And if you don't give them one of those stupid fufu haircut they are a great looking dog. Takes a while to get out of the puppy stage, like about 2 years. They are characters. I have never had one, had the little poodle that we lost recently, but my neighbor has one and he is definitely smart. Another one I like is the Airedale. We have had three of them over years, and I would have one again in a minute. Great dogs.

Very cool. Although I'm not real fond of the downsized poodles, I really like the standards. Very smart, robust dogs. :thumb:

When I was doing the art installation gig a few years ago, one of our clients had a beautiful pair of standard poodles, one black and one white. They were both very friendly, and always impeccably groomed. (These were very affluent clients, and it's my understanding the dogs went to the groomer a couple of times a week.)

Cute pup (s). I've had both breeds, can understand the Schnauzers position on new family members, they are pretty protective.

The Schnauzer is a Standard - so she's about twice the size of the little yappers, and only barks when there's a reason to. She's very protective of 'her turf,' but is very friendly with a really sweet disposition. Hopefully the pup will develop a similar personality.