Bailey #4 for sale.

Tom Bussey

I am some what new here and since the block I offered went so well I thought I would offer a #4 to get aquainted better. I am a retired tool and die maker and the owner of the place I retired from lets me come back and use his surface grinder so I redo hand planes as a hobbie. I buy one, redo it and sell it so I have some money to buy another one and so on.

Having said that I have a Bailey #4 for sale. It has been precision ground and it is flat within.0015. Actually that is my tolerance range so it is actually closer. The sides are ground square with the bottom. That makes it somewhat ideal for a shooting board. The blade is also precision ground so there is no or if one wants to lap the top yery little, lapping to sharpen. The japanning is at least 95% or better. The knob and tote are rosewood. And the tote has been repaired, which is not uncommon.

I also like to show at least one picture of it disassembled so a person knows everything is in order. It also comes with amoney back quarentee.

DSC00637.jpgDSC00638.jpgDSC00639.jpgDSC00640.jpgDSC00641.jpgDSC00642.jpg

I would like $75 plus shipping and the almost cheapest way to ship is priority mail Flat ate for $12.

Thanks for looking

Tom

Last edited:
$4 Bailey for sale

I never could spell and wouldn't you know it I blew it in the title. Can we just call it a typo.

Tom

Last edited:
I never could spell and wouldn't you know it I blew it in the title. Can we just call it a typo.

Tom

Tom, you can edit the thread title. Go to the first post and click Edit Post at the bottom of your post. On the page that's displayed next, click Go Advanced, and you'll be able to edit the title. :thumb: